VSLive experiences

Raymond Lewallen

I am considering asking the government to spend your tax dollars to send me
and a few others to VSLive, possibly the Orlando in September. None of us
in my developer group have been to VSLive before, and was curious as to the
value of information received.

Thank you for any feedback regarding these shows in order to keep your
government employees well-informed and well-trained. In order to reduce
costs, we would like to attend only one show this year and would like to
pick the best one. .NET 2.0 topics are of interest to us, that is why we
were looking at VSLive in September.

Raymond Lewallen

Curt_C [MVP]

..NET 2.0 is definately worth seeing. Really opens the eyes to things that
are coming. I've started rethinking ways we are doing existing things with
ASP.NET to better fit the 2.0 system.
It's REALLY nice!

ToddT

I am considering asking the government to spend your tax dollars to send me
and a few others to VSLive, possibly the Orlando in September. None of us
in my developer group have been to VSLive before, and was curious as to the
value of information received.

Thank you for any feedback regarding these shows in order to keep your
government employees well-informed and well-trained. In order to reduce
costs, we would like to attend only one show this year and would like to
pick the best one. .NET 2.0 topics are of interest to us, that is why we
were looking at VSLive in September.

Raymond Lewallen

tech ed and the pdc are better - more content

Stan

I went to the San Francisco event and it was rather hit or
miss. There was some excellent SQL material presented but
many of the presentations were much less informative than
a local MSDN event or MS Webcast (when taking just the 75
minute session into consideration). It was a conference
well suited for junior developers learning .NET but I felt
many of the speakers were there to push books, or
consulting, or thier own training courses instead of
offering solid practical advice. The TechEd events are
superior in quality and content.