VSS suggestions appreciated

Mark

We have 5 developers and have just purchased Visual Source Safe to use on
future, collaborative ASP.NET projects. Assume that we are all building one
VS.NET 1.1 project ...

If a developer checks out a page, do they have to check out the .DLL too so
that they can run and debug the entire project? Does that tie up other
developers so all they can do is write code, but can't actually test/debug
the project until the other developer has stopped debugging? Does it work
best to work locally on each client's version of IIS, or is there a way to
do this all on a central web server using FrontPage extensions without
getting in each others way?

Thanks in advance!

Mark

Kevin Spencer

DLLs are not checked into VSS. They are built individually on the machines
on which the developers are working. In addition, you should avoid checking
in Solution files; check in only project files instead.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP