VStudio 2005 \ SQL Express DB

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by Gregg, Oct 6, 2006.

  1. Gregg

    Gregg Guest

    I'm working to upgrade an ASP web app with a Microsoft
    Access 2003 db to ASP.NET v2 with a SQL Express db.
    I don't have a lot of experience with SQL Server db's, but
    would prefer the new app use that over Access for performance
    reasons.

    I'd like to be able to import data from XML tables (or some
    other data source) to the new db in the project. In the SQL
    Server Management Studio, I have this option in other databases
    under TASKS. I don't have this option via VStudio, however,
    and I can't seem to figure out how to attach to the new SQL
    db in the VStudio project (located in App_Data) using the
    SQL Management Studio. (I get access denied - Probably
    because of the security set on the folders under InetPub...)

    I've run the Access Upsizing Wizard to create a new SQL
    db with the tables I need, and have done so again to put
    the tables in an existing db - But I'm still left scratching my
    head as to how I'm supposed to get this same data into the
    db attached to the VStudio project. I'd like to be able to
    import data on an occasional basis later after the new version
    of the app is up and running as well, so I'd really need to
    figure this out before continuing.

    I have to be missing something. Does this really require
    a bunch of code to implement via Visual Studio 2005?
    Thanks in advance for any input you might have.

    Gregg

    Gregg, Oct 6, 2006