vtd-xml 2.3 released

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by jimmy Zhang, Feb 23, 2008.

  1. jimmy Zhang

    jimmy Zhang Guest

    VTD-XML 2.3 is now released. To download the latest version please visit
    http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=3D110612&package_id=
    =3D120172.

    Below is a list of new features and enhancements in this version.

    a.. VTDException is now introduced as the root class for all other
    VTD-XML's exception classes (per suggestion of Max Rahder).
    b.. Transcoding capability is now added for inter-document cut and =
    paste.
    You can cut a chuck of bytes in a UTF-8 encoded document and paste it =
    into a
    UTF-16 encoded document and the output document is still well-formed.
    c.. ISO-8859-10, ISO-8859-11, ISO-8859-12, ISO-8859-13, ISO-8859-14 =
    and
    ISO-8859-15 support has now been added
    d.. Zero length Text node is now possible.
    e.. Ability to dump in-memory copy of text is added.
    f.. Various code cleanup, enhancement and bug fixes.

    Below are some new articles related to VTD-XML

    a.. Index XML documents with VTD-XML
    http://xml.sys-con.com/read/453082.htm
    b.. Manipulate XML content the Ximple Way
    http://www.devx.com/xml/Article/36379
    c.. VTD-XML: A new vision of XML
    http://www.developer.com/xml/article.php/3714051
    d.. VTD-XML: XML Processing for the future
    http://www.codeproject.com/KB/cs/vtd-xml_examples.aspx

    If you (or someone you know) like the concept of VTD-XML, think that it =
    can
    help solve enterprises' XML processing related issues (particularly =
    those
    related to SOA), and would like to directly influence and contribute to =
    the
    development of the future of Internet, please email me
    ). We are looking for open source software =
    developers
    and project management people to take VTD-XML to the next level.
    jimmy Zhang, Feb 23, 2008

  2. jimmy Zhang

    Trans Guest

    On Feb 23, 2:53 pm, "jimmy Zhang" <> wrote:
    > VTD-XML 2.3 is now released. To download the latest version please visithttp://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=110612&package_....
    >
    > Below is a list of new features and enhancements in this version.
    >
    > a.. VTDException is now introduced as the root class for all other
    > VTD-XML's exception classes (per suggestion of Max Rahder).
    > b.. Transcoding capability is now added for inter-document cut and paste.
    > You can cut a chuck of bytes in a UTF-8 encoded document and paste it into a
    > UTF-16 encoded document and the output document is still well-formed.
    > c.. ISO-8859-10, ISO-8859-11, ISO-8859-12, ISO-8859-13, ISO-8859-14 and
    > ISO-8859-15 support has now been added
    > d.. Zero length Text node is now possible.
    > e.. Ability to dump in-memory copy of text is added.
    > f.. Various code cleanup, enhancement and bug fixes.
    >
    > Below are some new articles related to VTD-XML
    >
    > a.. Index XML documents with VTD-XMLhttp://xml.sys-con.com/read/453082.htm
    > b.. Manipulate XML content the Ximple Wayhttp://www.devx.com/xml/Article/36379
    > c.. VTD-XML: A new vision of XMLhttp://www.developer.com/xml/article.php/3714051
    > d.. VTD-XML: XML Processing for the futurehttp://www.codeproject.com/KB/cs/vtd-xml_examples.aspx
    >
    > If you (or someone you know) like the concept of VTD-XML, think that it can
    > help solve enterprises' XML processing related issues (particularly those
    > related to SOA), and would like to directly influence and contribute to the
    > development of the future of Internet, please email me
    > ). We are looking for open source software developers
    > and project management people to take VTD-XML to the next level.

    Interesting. Are you planning Ruby bindings?

    T.
    Trans, Feb 23, 2008