VTD-XML version 1.6 released

Jimmy Zhang

XimpleWare is proud to announce the release of version 1.6 of VTD-XML,
the next generation open-source XML parser that goes beyond DOM and
SAX in terms of performance, memory usage and ease of use. It is now
available in C, Java and C#.

Some of the technical highlights of VTD-XML are:

*Random Access: VTD-XML is designed to be random-access capable
with built-in XPath support.
*Performance: VTD-XML's typical performance is between five
to ten times faster than DOM's, easily making it the world's
fastest XML parser.
*Memory Usage: The memory that VTD-XML consumes is typically 1.3
to 1.5 times the size of the XML document--a reduction of 3x to
5x over DOM.
*A Simple and Intuitive API: VTD-XML also features an
easy-to-understand, cursor-based API significantly simpler than
DOM's node-based API

Some benchmark results in Java (but we expect the same thing in C#)

http://www.javaworld.com/javaworld/jw-03-2006/jw-0327-simplify.html