    VWD?

    Thanks
    , Jul 27, 2007

  2. Yes.

    Open IIS Manager and right click on default web site. Choose New >> Virtual
    Directory. Create a directory that points at the directory you have your
    file based web in. You can now hit it at http://localhost/{directoryName}
    Others can hit at http://{machineName}/{directoryName}.

    You can still edit as a file based web, but you can also edit as an IIS
    site.

    NOTE: This is true of ASP.NET 2.0, not an other version.

    --
    Gregory A. Beamer
    MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

    Think outside the box!

    Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\), Jul 27, 2007

  3. To specify the Web server for an already-created Web site,
    open your local website with VWD and, in the Solution Explorer,
    right-click the name of the Web site for which you want
    to specify a Web server, and then click Property Pages.

    In the Property Pages dialog box, click the Start Options tab.
    Under Server, *do not* click "Use custom server".

    Instead, write the path to the IIS server which hosts your app.

    Juan
    ====

    Juan T. Llibre, Jul 27, 2007
  4. Bgreer5050 Guest

    I know this is a goofy question, but what is the typical path for the IIS
    server on a Windows XP machine? I know it's in the inetpub/wwwroot folder
    but I beleive I am writing the path incorrectly.

    Bgreer5050, Jul 28, 2007
  5. re:
    !> what is the typical path for the IIS server on a Windows XP machine?

    http://localhost/
    or
    http://yourmachinename/
    or
    http://YourLocalIPAddress/ ( typically 10.0.0.x or any of several other local IP schemes )

    re:
    !>I know it's in the inetpub/wwwroot folder

    The inetpub\wwwroot folder is where the root application's files are located.

    Juan
    ====

    Juan T. Llibre, Jul 28, 2007