VWD Express 2005 asp.net server vs IIS

bgreer5050

I am using Visual Web Developer Express 2005 to create some simple web
applications on a local network. I would like IIS to fire instead of
asp.net development server so I can acheive the following:

Web application on PC 192.168.2.4
Want to access from PC 192.168.2.5 via internet explorer

I know I can access it if IIS is running. Can I install and run IIS
instead of asp.net development server without making changes to my
VWD?

Thanks

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

Yes.

Open IIS Manager and right click on default web site. Choose New >> Virtual
Directory. Create a directory that points at the directory you have your
file based web in. You can now hit it at http://localhost/{directoryName}
Others can hit at http://{machineName}/{directoryName}.

You can still edit as a file based web, but you can also edit as an IIS
site.

NOTE: This is true of ASP.NET 2.0, not an other version.

Juan T. Llibre

To specify the Web server for an already-created Web site,
open your local website with VWD and, in the Solution Explorer,
right-click the name of the Web site for which you want
to specify a Web server, and then click Property Pages.

In the Property Pages dialog box, click the Start Options tab.
Under Server, *do not* click "Use custom server".

Instead, write the path to the IIS server which hosts your app.

Juan
====

Bgreer5050

I know this is a goofy question, but what is the typical path for the IIS
server on a Windows XP machine? I know it's in the inetpub/wwwroot folder
but I beleive I am writing the path incorrectly.