VWD Express 2008-Can it Deploy

blinton25

Hi,

I know VWD Express 2008 offers support for Projects and Classes. However,
can it deploy the project, or do I need Visual Studio to achieve this?

George

Deployment is a simple copy and paste procedure....
Visual Studio offers you option to precompile your application but you can
easily do it with command line tools.

Here is the line to precompile
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_compiler -v /Tasks/ -p
C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\Tasks -f C:\tmp\Tasks

Here is the line to merge into 1 single DLL.
C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\aspnet_merge.exe
:\tmp\Tasks -o Tasks.dll

George.

blinton25

Hi,

Actually I should have asked that, if VWD Express 2008 can precompile, but
as you said it is simple

George

Actually you can customize your externall tools in VWD express (menu
Tools/Exteernal Tools) to do that. So you do not need to run command line
manually.

George.