VWD express ActiveX tool bar icon grayed out

Hank

Hello,

I am trying to use Visual Web Developer Express to develop a we
application. I have an ActiveX component that is a major piece o
functionality that I need to use. When I add the ActiveX component t
the tool bar it appears as a grayed out icon. I can not seem to find
way to make the tool active so I can use it on a web form.

I have the full version of visual studio 2003 and the activex ico
comes up on the tool bar and I can drop it right into a form
Unfortunately the powers that be want this application developed fo
asp.net 2.0. This is why I have downloaded VWD express. My fear i
that ActiveX control functionality is blocked in the “Express” versio
of VWD and I am going to have to buy the full blown version of Visua
Studio 2005 to get this to work. Has anyone out there been able t
make ActiveX controls work within VWD Express?

Thank