VWD Validation error - Element 'form' is missing required attribute 'action'

Alan Silver

Hello,

I'm getting an odd validation error from VWD. As I understand it, an
opening ASP.NET for tag is supposed to look like...

<form runat="server">

with an optional ID attribute. VWD gives me the following validation
error...

Element 'form' is missing required attribute 'action'

Why? Surely it should know that the action will be supplied when the
form is rendered.

TIA

Otis Mukinfus

Hello,

I'm getting an odd validation error from VWD. As I understand it, an
opening ASP.NET for tag is supposed to look like...

<form runat="server">

with an optional ID attribute. VWD gives me the following validation
error...

Element 'form' is missing required attribute 'action'

Why? Surely it should know that the action will be supplied when the
form is rendered.

TIA

I don't think the id is optional (even if what you read said so). I
tried creating a form without the id and got the exact message you are
getting.

Otis Mukinfus
http://www.otismukinfus.com
http://www.tomchilders.com

Alan Silver

I don't think the id is optional (even if what you read said so). I
tried creating a form without the id and got the exact message you are
getting.

Well cut off both my les and call me Shorty (as my late Grandpa used to
say), you're right.

Bit of a misleading error message isn't it? If the ID isn't optional,
then the error message should have said so. Instead it asked for an
action attribute which *is* optional!!

Anyway, thanks for the heads-up.