VWD Warning Message

Guest

I'm getting the following message when switching to the design view in VWD
Beta 2:

Warning 1 Could not load type
'Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.Interop.SVsSmartOpenScope' from assembly
'Microsoft.VisualStudio.Shell.Interop.8.0, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral,
PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a'. 0 0
Also, the design surface is not displaying any server controls, just plain
HTML controls.

Has anyone else experienced this behavior, and if so, how did you rectify
the situation?

Thanks!

Juan T. Llibre

1. I got it, too.

2. I uninstalled BEta 2 and went back to Beta 1.

I've ben getting that, consistently, in every single
post-beta 1 build I've installed.

Apparently, some boxes have problems and some don't.

For those that do have problems, they appear regularly,
like clockwork, and nothing seems to work to fix it.

I'm going to wipe a different box ( I can't afford to lose
the 1.1 applications I have on my server ) and see if
Beta 2 installs OK on that one.

It should install OK on freshly-formatted boxes.

We've all been warned about the perils of beta-testing.

Guest

Well, at least I don't feel so alone...

:)