    programmatically. Why I can't use visual constructor? Is there some other
    way that is more preferred in VS2005?

    thanks

    Vadim Rapp, Oct 23, 2007

  2. Vadim Rapp

    Phil H Guest

    Hi

    The objects you mention have been superceded by the SQLDataSource
    control and is specially designed for Web Applications. Unlike the
    previous objects this new control is declared in the .ASPX source file
    using the tag <asp:SqlDataSource ...> It is displayed in the Design
    window as a grey box where you can configure with the aid of a Wizard.

    The data controls in the namespace System.Data.SqlClient are still
    available for use by WIndows Forms (in visual drag ad drop mode) or
    Web applications (programmatic ony). In fact if you need to do data
    operations in code in a Web application then these objects have to be
    used rather the the new web datasources mentioned above which are
    designed purely for attachment to visual controls.

    HTH

    Phil H, Oct 26, 2007