w00t! Party for Gregory!

pat eyler

That's right. I'm pretty awesome. Maybe RubyTalk can throw a party
in honor of me!

I say we do it. We should all celebrate Greg's awesomeness. Wherever you
are, take 5 minutes to party wildly and think of Greg.

Jamey Cribbs

I say we do it. =A0We should all celebrate Greg's awesomeness. =A0Whereve= r you
are, take 5 minutes to party wildly and think of Greg.

I just danced around my office in honor of Greg wearing nothing but a
party hat and a smile, but that's just how I roll.

Jamey

pat eyler

I did, but the cops came and arrested me. =A0Please come bail me out. =A0=
;)

I hope this wasn't your one phone call, 'cuz I'm probably not going to be
able to make it out there for a while. ;^)

James Edward Gray II

--=20
thanks,
-pate

Juan Zanos

I just danced around my office in honor of Greg wearing nothing but a
party hat and a smile, but that's just how I roll.

Jamey

My dance was space delimited and only took a few seconds. Perhaps
that was too concise. Would a better designed dance with larger
vertical leaps have been more appropriate?

Joel VanderWerf

Juan said:
My dance was space delimited and only took a few seconds. Perhaps that
was too concise. Would a better designed dance with larger vertical
leaps have been more appropriate?

I refactored my dance into short but reusable steps ;)

Tim Pease

I say we do it. =C2=A0We should all celebrate Greg's awesomeness. =C2=A0W= herever you
are, take 5 minutes to party wildly and think of Greg.

=E2=9E=99 cat party.rb

class Party
@@styles =3D [
'Party, Greg, Party!!',
'Dance, Greg, Dance!!',
'Woot!!!',
'Wild Dancing Greg Party!',
'--< Chunky Bacon >--'
]

def for_greg
puts @@styles.at(rand(@@styles.length))
end

def party( time )
start =3D Time.now
Thread.new {
loop {
self.for_greg
break if Time.now-start >=3D time
end
end

300.times {
unless fork
Party.new.party(1)
end
}

Process.waitall

puts %q(That's right. I'm pretty awesome. Maybe RubyTalk can throw a
party in honor of me!)

Tim Pease

I say we do it. =C2=A0We should all celebrate Greg's awesomeness. =C2=A0= Wherever you
are, take 5 minutes to party wildly and think of Greg.

=E2=9E=99 cat party.rb

class Party
=C2=A0@@styles =3D [
=C2=A0 =C2=A0'Party, Greg, Party!!',
=C2=A0 =C2=A0'Dance, Greg, Dance!!',
=C2=A0 =C2=A0'Woot!!!',
=C2=A0 =C2=A0'Wild Dancing Greg Party!',
=C2=A0 =C2=A0'--< Chunky Bacon >--'
=C2=A0]

=C2=A0def for_greg
=C2=A0 =C2=A0puts @@styles.at(rand(@@styles.length))
=C2=A0end

=C2=A0def party( time )
=C2=A0 =C2=A0start =3D Time.now
=C2=A0 =C2=A0Thread.new {
=C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0loop {
=C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0self.for_greg
=C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0break if Time.now-start >=3D time
=C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0}
=C2=A0 =C2=A0}
=C2=A0end
end

300.times {
=C2=A0unless fork
=C2=A0 =C2=A0Party.new.party(1)
=C2=A0end
}

Process.waitall

puts %q(That's right. I'm pretty awesome. Maybe RubyTalk can throw a
party in honor of me!)

Hmmm ... I just created an infinitely spawning script! Need an exit!
after the "Party.new.party(1)" line; otherwise each forked child will
drop through back into the 300.times loop and start the process all
over again.

<sigh>

My efforts at humor are wrought with bugs. More coffee is needed.

TwP

Robert Dober

I did, but the cops came and arrested me. =A0Please come bail me out. =A0=
;)
No way we do not need excellent coders and nice guys like you!!!!
Sorry James.
--=20
Toutes les grandes personnes ont d=92abord =E9t=E9 des enfants, mais peu
d=92entre elles s=92en souviennent.

All adults have been children first, but not many remember.

[Antoine de Saint-Exup=E9ry]

Robert Klemme

On May 20, 2009, Gregory Brown wrote:
So you have better designs compared to those who seek further conciseness in
a language. If only those folks of poor ability could design so well as
you.
That's right. I'm pretty awesome. Maybe RubyTalk can throw a party
in honor of me!

I say we do it. We should all celebrate Greg's awesomeness. Wherever you
are, take 5 minutes to party wildly and think of Greg.
âž™ cat party.rb

class Party
@@styles = [
'Party, Greg, Party!!',
'Dance, Greg, Dance!!',
'Woot!!!',
'Wild Dancing Greg Party!',
'--< Chunky Bacon >--'
]

def for_greg
puts @@styles.at(rand(@@styles.length))
end

def party( time )
start = Time.now
Thread.new {
loop {
self.for_greg
break if Time.now-start >= time
end
end

300.times {
unless fork
Party.new.party(1)
end
}

Process.waitall

puts %q(That's right. I'm pretty awesome. Maybe RubyTalk can throw a
party in honor of me!)

Hmmm ... I just created an infinitely spawning script! Need an exit!
after the "Party.new.party(1)" line; otherwise each forked child will
drop through back into the 300.times loop and start the process all
over again.

<sigh>

My efforts at humor are wrought with bugs. More coffee is needed.

And you are using class variables! Bad boy!

robert - still dancing