W2K or W2K3

Sean

Hi

I'm going to develop a web-based application and I'm concerned about the
development platform. This application is going to use SQL 2000 databases and
web services. What OS is recommeded - Windows 2000 or Windows Server 2003?

What would I need to run this application on W2K (patches, SPs, .Net
framework etc)?

I've tried to install SQL 2000 on Windows Server 2003 and I got a warning
about SQL 2000 won't work correctly on this OS ...Is this correct?

Thanks

Tomas Restrepo \(MVP\)

Sean,
I'm going to develop a web-based application and I'm concerned about the
development platform. This application is going to use SQL 2000 databases and
web services. What OS is recommeded - Windows 2000 or Windows Server 2003?

At this point in time, Windows Server 2003 would be preferable (it will work
just as well on 2K, it's just that 2003 is more secure, and has a few
performance and availablity enhancements that can make your life a lot
easier).
I've tried to install SQL 2000 on Windows Server 2003 and I got a warning
about SQL 2000 won't work correctly on this OS ...Is this correct?

Sure it will. Just need to ensure you install SP3a as soon as you finish
installing SQL Server.