    I've tried to install SQL 2000 on Windows Server 2003 and I got a warning
    about SQL 2000 won't work correctly on this OS ...Is this correct?

    Thanks

    Sean, Oct 19, 2004

  2. Sean,

    > I'm going to develop a web-based application and I'm concerned about the
    > development platform. This application is going to use SQL 2000 databases

    and
    > web services. What OS is recommeded - Windows 2000 or Windows Server 2003?

    At this point in time, Windows Server 2003 would be preferable (it will work
    just as well on 2K, it's just that 2003 is more secure, and has a few
    performance and availablity enhancements that can make your life a lot
    easier).

    > I've tried to install SQL 2000 on Windows Server 2003 and I got a warning
    > about SQL 2000 won't work correctly on this OS ...Is this correct?

    Sure it will. Just need to ensure you install SP3a as soon as you finish
    installing SQL Server.

    --
    Tomas Restrepo

    Tomas Restrepo \(MVP\), Oct 20, 2004