W2k Tomcat Jetspeed

Xavier Tarrago

Hello,
I ve got a strange problem with Windows 2000/Tomcat/Jetspeed.
I ve just installed Jetspeed. All products are installed with default
installation.
Some aplication (with jsp) run just fine on Tomcat.
But Jetspeed returns a server internal error with message
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP.
I tried to compile the generated java manually. I experienced a "command
line too long" error from W2k.
If I change the workDir for this context, with directory with a shorter
name (i-e <Context workDir="c:/work" ...> the error seems to go away.
I wonder if there is a known problem about some windows limitation for the
max command line length and if this limitation apply to the way Tomcat
launch the compiler.
Regards,
Xavier Tarrago

Erwin Moller

Xavier said:
Hello,
I ve got a strange problem with Windows 2000/Tomcat/Jetspeed.
I ve just installed Jetspeed. All products are installed with default
installation.
Some aplication (with jsp) run just fine on Tomcat.
But Jetspeed returns a server internal error with message
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Unable to compile class for JSP.
I tried to compile the generated java manually. I experienced a "command
line too long" error from W2k.
If I change the workDir for this context, with directory with a shorter
name (i-e <Context workDir="c:/work" ...> the error seems to go away.
I wonder if there is a known problem about some windows limitation for
the
max command line length and if this limitation apply to the way Tomcat
launch the compiler.

Hi Xavier,

If I remember well you can make long line when you use a .bat file to store
the commands in, and just execute the .bat.
I switched to RH for work some time ago, so I could be wrong, but just give
it a try.
Regards,
Xavier Tarrago

Regards,