W2K3 server permissions for an ASP.NET

Guest

I just finished writing an app for an ASP.NET website which uses SQL, C#
ASP.NET and web services on my development box. Ported the app over to the
Web Server (running W2K3, IIS 6, SQL2K), created the website on IIS, setup
the appropriate SQL db, and loaded VS.NET 2K3 to compile the app. However,
the app will not compile due to ASPNET and Network Service not having the
specific permissions.

Are ASPNET and Network Service both process accounts? And, which directories
should permissions be granted for compiling and running the app? One way
(which was suggested by a supervisor) to go around this (and compromise
security, I think) is to use the Local System process account. I created the
app on a W2K box with IIS 5 and SQL2K, and I have had no problems debugging
it to where it's ready for production testing - alas the account issues.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Guest

Okay! Learning is half the fun, RIGHT?!? Just remember that you need to run
ASPNET_IIS with correct switches to enable ASP.NET worker process on the IIS
portion of the box to build and debug the app on the W2K3 server.
Sorry for being QUICK ON THE POST.