    please. Everything else about the site is OK.

    http://www.des-otoole.co.uk/

    Desmond.
    Desmond, May 8, 2007

  2. Desmond wrote:
    > Can anyone help on this last remaining problem? I have tried to make
    > my site w3c compliant. And it works and has passed the tests. However
    > it just doesn't look right in Firefox 1.5.0.11. But is ok in IE7.
    > since moving everything into <div>s the image border around the menu
    > has a border. Has to be something simple. Any quick solution to this
    > please. Everything else about the site is OK.

    #side-menu a img

    {

    // border: 0;

    }

    Remove the // in stylesheet and BTW // is not valid way of commenting in
    CSS, /* ... */ the old C style comment is used in CSS

    http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/syndata.html#comments

    --
    Take care,

    Jonathan
    -------------------
    LITTLE WORKS STUDIO
    http://www.LittleWorksStudio.com
    Jonathan N. Little, May 8, 2007

  3. Desmond

    Ben C Guest

    On 2007-05-08, Desmond <> wrote:
    > Can anyone help on this last remaining problem? I have tried to make
    > my site w3c compliant. And it works and has passed the tests. However
    > it just doesn't look right in Firefox 1.5.0.11. But is ok in IE7.
    > since moving everything into <div>s the image border around the menu
    > has a border. Has to be something simple. Any quick solution to this
    > please. Everything else about the site is OK.
    >
    > http://www.des-otoole.co.uk/

    You're almost there.

    You have a selector

    #side-menu a img
    {
    // border: 0;
    }

    That C++ style comment is a syntax error, so the whole selector gets
    ignored. But Firefox wants to put a blue border around an img in an a
    (presumably that's in its default stylesheet), so change it to

    #side-menu a img
    {
    border: 0;
    }
    Ben C, May 8, 2007
  4. Desmond

    Desmond Guest

    On 8 May, 21:29, Ben C <> wrote:
    > On 2007-05-08, Desmond <> wrote:
    >
    > > Can anyone help on this last remaining problem? I have tried to make
    > > my site w3c compliant. And it works and has passed the tests. However
    > > it just doesn't look right in Firefox 1.5.0.11. But is ok in IE7.
    > > since moving everything into <div>s the image border around the menu
    > > has a border. Has to be something simple. Any quick solution to this
    > > please. Everything else about the site is OK.

    > >http://www.des-otoole.co.uk/

    > You're almost there.
    >
    > You have a selector
    >
    > #side-menu a img
    > {
    > // border: 0;
    >
    > }
    >
    > That C++ style comment is a syntax error, so the whole selector gets
    > ignored. But Firefox wants to put a blue border around an img in an a
    > (presumably that's in its default stylesheet), so change it to
    >
    > #side-menu a img
    > {
    > border: 0;

    Thanks for that. Still trying to get to grips with <divs> and CSS. any
    good book. I mean a technical reff style
    please.

    Desmond.
    Desmond, May 8, 2007
  5. Desmond

    Ben C Guest

    On 2007-05-08, Desmond <> wrote:
    > On 8 May, 21:29, Ben C <> wrote:

    [...]
    > Thanks for that. Still trying to get to grips with <divs> and CSS. any
    > good book. I mean a technical reff style
    > please.

    This is the one:

    http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/

    Supported quite well by Firefox, Konqueror (Safari), and Opera. IE7
    better than IE6.
    Ben C, May 9, 2007