    .....>
    but nothing changes....

    Thanks a lot in advance for any help
    =?Utf-8?B?Qm9i?=, Jun 14, 2006

  2. =?Utf-8?B?Qm9i?=

    Ray Booysen Guest

    Bob wrote:
    > Hi all,
    >
    > I'm trying to validate my web site developed with ASP.NET using
    > http://validator.w3c.org but I received this error message:
    > ....there is no attribute "name".
    >
    > If I view the source code of my web page from IE browser, there is no TAG
    > Name in the web form page.....
    >
    > I set in the web.config also:
    > <xhtmlConformance
    > mode="strict"
    > ....>
    > but nothing changes....
    >
    > Thanks a lot in advance for any help

    Can you post the line that this error occurs in? Are you using 1.1 or 2.0?
    Ray Booysen, Jun 14, 2006

  3. Bob,

    although it is very difficult to identify what is the problem, see exactly
    if you are missing the 'name' for web controls etc.

    HTML example: <table name='tblmain'>.....</table>

    validating the site could be quite a challenging task, try checking some
    sample code at a time.

    =?Utf-8?B?TUFDSCBJSQ==?=, Jun 14, 2006
  4. Hi Bob,

    I ran into a situation where my XHTML wouldn't validate. I think it was
    because the validator, as a user-agent was being treated as a downlevel
    browser by ASP.NET. In other words, the validator wasn't seeing what other
    browsers were seeing because ASP.NET was adjusting. At least that was my
    theory.

    Ken
    Microsoft MVP [ASP.NET]

    Ken Cox [Microsoft MVP], Jun 15, 2006