    as you can see the script tag misses the type attribute as showed by using
    the w3c validator at http://validator.w3.org/check

    Spa.-

    Spartaco, Feb 23, 2006

  2. Spartaco

    Alan Silver Guest

    In article <#V$>, Spartaco
    <> writes
    >I think that the use of the treeview control built on asp.net 2.0 makes the
    >page non xhtml 1.0 transitional compliant, in fact this control renders this
    >html:
    >
    ><script>
    ><!--
    > function TreeView_PopulateNodeDoCallBack(context,param) {
    >
    >WebForm_DoCallback(context.data.treeViewID,param,TreeView_ProcessNodeDat
    >a,context,TreeView_ProcessNodeData,false);
    > }
    >// -->
    ></script>
    >
    >as you can see the script tag misses the type attribute as showed by using
    >the w3c validator at http://validator.w3.org/check

    That shouldn't make it fail if you have a transitional doctype. It would
    make it fail with a strict doctype though. I was having this exact
    problem, thinking that the framework emitted Strict, and then when I
    realised it emitted transitional, I changed the doctype and this error
    went away.

    --
    Alan Silver

    Alan Silver, Feb 28, 2006

  3. Spartaco

    Alan Silver Guest

    In article <>, Alan Silver
    <> writes
    >That shouldn't make it fail if you have a transitional doctype. It
    >would make it fail with a strict doctype though. I was having this
    >exact problem, thinking that the framework emitted Strict, and then
    >when I realised it emitted transitional, I changed the doctype and this
    >error went away.

    My comment above is of course is complete and utter rubbish. It is
    indeed invalid XHTML, even with a Transitional doctype, and I submitted
    this very point as a bug on the 13th Feb 06. You can see the lack of
    response from MS at...

    http://lab.msdn.microsoft.com/produ...edbackid=df12fa82-05a0-412c-9e71-9da936759eca

    --
    Alan Silver