    though I doubt it's capable of performing such black magic in a DOS window.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby A Inkster, Feb 18, 2004

  2. Toby A Inkster

    Dylan Parry Guest

    Toby A Inkster wrote:

    > For those who aren't aware, that is a terminal window with the w3m
    > browser running inside. Terminal windows are not supposed to be *capable*
    > of displaying images. The ability to use different font colours is
    > considered novel.

    Coloured fonts are really nice in a terminal window. I especially like the
    little green "pass" labels when re/starting daemons.

    > How? How?! HOW?!?!

    I don't know :(

    > I know I won't be able to get to sleep tonight.

    Me neither. My Konsole isn't supposed to have animated banner ads in it :(

    --
    Dylan Parry

    Dylan Parry, Feb 18, 2004

  3. Toby A Inkster

    m Guest

    Toby A Inkster wrote:

    > I just have to ask: WHAT KIND OF FREAKY VOODOO HEX HAS THIS THING PUT ON
    > MY TERMINAL WINDOW?!
    >
    > http://www.goddamn.co.uk/tobyink/scratch/w3m
    >
    > For those who aren't aware, that is a terminal window with the w3m
    > browser running inside. Terminal windows are not supposed to be *capable*
    > of displaying images. The ability to use different font colours is
    > considered novel.
    >
    > How? How?! HOW?!?!
    >
    > I know I won't be able to get to sleep tonight.
    >
    > Anyway, for those of you with *nix boxes, I order you to download and
    > install w3m this minute! For those without, well it does run on Windows
    > though I doubt it's capable of performing such black magic in a DOS
    > window.

    Don't know if it's documented, but in the source code there's an
    'image.c' file whose purpose is to /* display image */, and with
    functions like openImgdisplay().

    --
    cheers m at http://www.mbstevens.com/

    m, Feb 18, 2004
  4. Toby A Inkster

    Dylan Parry Guest

    Dylan Parry, Feb 18, 2004
  5. Dylan Parry wrote:

    > Incidentally, I like the look of that resource monitor on your desktop,
    > what is the program called?

    I was gonna say that. It's very pretty isn't it. Almost makes me want
    to give linux another go :O|

    Hardeep.

    Hardeep Rakhra, Feb 18, 2004
  6. Toby A Inkster wrote:

    >I just have to ask: WHAT KIND OF FREAKY VOODOO HEX HAS THIS THING PUT ON
    >MY TERMINAL WINDOW?!
    >
    >http://www.goddamn.co.uk/tobyink/scratch/w3m
    >
    >For those who aren't aware, that is a terminal window with the w3m
    >browser running inside. Terminal windows are not supposed to be *capable*
    >of displaying images. The ability to use different font colours is
    >considered novel.

    Is this any different from xmlterm?
    http://xmlterm.sourceforge.net/shots/xls-icons.html
    http://xmlterm.sourceforge.net/shots/prompt.html

    http://xmlterm.sourceforge.net/screenshots.html

    Neil Marshall, Feb 19, 2004
  7. Toby A Inkster wrote:
    > I just have to ask: WHAT KIND OF FREAKY VOODOO HEX HAS THIS THING PUT ON
    > MY TERMINAL WINDOW?!
    >
    > http://www.goddamn.co.uk/tobyink/scratch/w3m

    The magic of PNG-8. PNG-24 is nice for some things, but a screen shot
    should *not* be 283KB!

    --
    $_=" 5_2 8_2\n 3/*3 \\ 4/*3 \\\n / *7\\/*7 \\\n| *17 |\n \\ *15 /\n 3".
    "\\ *11 /\n 5\\ *7 /\n 7\\ *** /\n 9\\*/";while(/(.)([0-9]*)/gs){print$1

    Leif K-Brooks, Feb 19, 2004
  8. Toby A Inkster, Feb 19, 2004
  9. Neil Marshall wrote:

    > Toby A Inkster wrote:
    >
    >>I just have to ask: WHAT KIND OF FREAKY VOODOO HEX HAS THIS THING PUT ON
    >>MY TERMINAL WINDOW?!
    >>
    >>http://www.goddamn.co.uk/tobyink/scratch/w3m
    >>
    >>For those who aren't aware, that is a terminal window with the w3m
    >>browser running inside. Terminal windows are not supposed to be *capable*
    >>of displaying images. The ability to use different font colours is
    >>considered novel.

    > Is this any different from xmlterm?

    Very different. XMLterm is a normal X application, so expected to be able
    to draw graphics. w3m is a command-line program, running inside an aterm.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby A Inkster, Feb 19, 2004