    Gotta love it. :)
    --
    â‚ "Because all you of Earth are idiots!"

    freemont, Sep 14, 2010

  2. freemont

    richard Guest

    On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 01:03:12 +0000, freemont wrote:

    > I was just looking over some html5 information and came across this at
    > w3schools.com:
    >
    > spellcheck: New
    > true/false
    > Specifies if the element must have it's spelling or grammar checked.
    >
    > <http://www.w3schools.com/html5/html5_ref_standardattributes.asp>
    >
    > Gotta love it. :)

    Interesting, but....STOOPID!

    richard, Sep 14, 2010

  3. Sherm Pendley wrote:

    > freemont <> writes:
    >
    >> I was just looking over some html5 information and came across this at
    >> w3schools.com:
    >>
    >> spellcheck: New
    >> true/false
    >> Specifies if the element must have it's spelling or grammar checked.

    > LOL! Maybe they should have *used* that element to grammar check
    > their own site... :)

    It probably would have passed... <g>

    Dictionerys can't help wiht feral aposstropies.

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Sep 14, 2010
  4. richard wrote:

    > freemont wrote:
    >> I was just looking over some html5 information and came across this
    >> at w3schools.com:
    >>
    >> spellcheck: New
    >> true/false
    >> Specifies if the element must have it's spelling or grammar checked.
    >>
    >> <http://www.w3schools.com/html5/html5_ref_standardattributes.asp>
    >>
    >> Gotta love it. :)

    > Interesting, but....STOOPID!

    You didn't understand the post, did you?

    --
    -bts

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Sep 14, 2010
  5. freemont wrote:

    > I was just looking over some html5 information and came across this at
    > w3schools.com:

    The w3schools site contains material that looks simple enough to charm the
    and contains sufficiently errors to mislead him seriously. For an expert, it
    might be an occasional source of (unintentional) dark humor.

    > spellcheck: New
    > true/false
    > Specifies if the element must have it's spelling or grammar checked.

    It looks amusing, but in a completely different way than in the real HTML 5
    draft. There they say, in a fairly complex manner, but still, that this
    attribute is intended for elements that are editable by the user, such as
    form input fields:
    http://dev.w3.org/html5/spec/Overview.html#spelling-and-grammar-checking

    And browsers actually do such things these days. So it is not absurd at all
    to consider describing such behavior and even standardizing it in part as
    well as giving authors some possibility of affecting it. What's funny is the
    way they are doing it.

    --
    Yucca, http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

    Jukka K. Korpela, Sep 14, 2010
  6. On Sep 14, 8:01 am, Padmar Mushkin <> wrote:
    > On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 01:03:12 +0000, freemont
    >
    > <> wrote:
    > >I was just looking over some html5 information and came across this at
    > >w3schools.com:

    > >spellcheck: New
    > >true/false
    > >Specifies if the element must have it's spelling or grammar checked.

    > ><http://www.w3schools.com/html5/html5_ref_standardattributes.asp>

    > >Gotta love it. :)

    > Despite all the bashing w3chools gets here, I've personally found it
    > very useful as a reference. Off hand I don't recall any errors in the
    > stuff I've looked up.

    I agree with you. I found the site most useful when I first started
    learning HTML / CSS. It is reasonably well organized and commands are
    easy to find. I haven't used it recently because I am not presently
    writing anything for the web.

    However, I have learnt enough to realize that it is useful mainly as a
    quick reference. I usually use the HTML / CSS specs if I need more
    (and exact) information. I have also asked questions on this forum
    from which I have always received excellent advice. (Thank you.)

    I have found htmldog, which seems to have favor with the experts here,
    although useful, so disorganized that I stopped using it.

    www.richardfisher.com

    Helpful person, Sep 14, 2010
  7. freemont wrote:
    > I was just looking over some html5 information and came across this at
    > w3schools.com:
    >
    > spellcheck: New
    > true/false
    > Specifies if the element must have it's spelling or grammar checked.
    >
    > <http://www.w3schools.com/html5/html5_ref_standardattributes.asp>
    >
    > Gotta love it. :)

    So good I was gonna Facebook it (but decided the page would just confuse
    all my friends).

    Harlan Messinger, Sep 14, 2010