w3wp.exe Crash, Session Unload, Event ID 1000

Guest

Error in the Event Log is:

..Net Runtime 2.0 Error Reporting
Event ID 1000

Faulting application w3wp.exe, version 6.0.3790.0, stamp 3e8000e6, faulting
module webengine.dll, version 2.0.50727.42, stamp 4333eca4, debug? 0, fault
address 0x00002fec.

This seems to happen when a session ends (e.g. 20 minutes after a user loads
a single page).

How do I address this? The application is fairly simple although it does
make some WMI calls via System.Management.

I read somewhere that ASP.Net 2.0 logs this event where ASP.Net 1.1 would
not have even tho it would still happen. Either way, I'm not sure I like the
worker process crashing at the end of every session...

Guest

As a followup - could this be related to the Idle timeout setting under
Performance in the properties of the application pool?

"Shutdown worker processes after ebing idle for (time in minutes): 20"

?

In other words, is the behavior I'm seeing normal? Just seems odd that if
the worker process is shutdown, why a "critical" error in the event log and
not a warning?

Guest

Did you run debugdiag?

Stine