    I've been out of Java programming now for about 5 years and I'm
    looking to get back into it. Does anyone know any resources to help
    get me stated again?

    CM, Mar 11, 2007

  2. CM wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I've been out of Java programming now for about 5 years and I'm
    > looking to get back into it. Does anyone know any resources to help
    > get me stated again?

    * Google.
    * Sun's tutorials.
    * This newsgroup.
    * Books.

    For example, you could use google groups to search this newsgroup for
    book recommendations?

    I found O'Reilly's "Learning Java" to be useful. I'd not used Java
    between 1.2 and 5.0 (i.e. 1.5).
    RedGrittyBrick, Mar 11, 2007

  3. On 11.03.2007 11:30, RedGrittyBrick wrote:
    > CM wrote:
    >> I've been out of Java programming now for about 5 years and I'm
    >> looking to get back into it. Does anyone know any resources to help
    >> get me stated again?

    > * Google.
    > * Sun's tutorials.
    > * This newsgroup.
    > * Books.
    >
    > For example, you could use google groups to search this newsgroup for
    > book recommendations?
    >
    > I found O'Reilly's "Learning Java" to be useful. I'd not used Java
    > between 1.2 and 5.0 (i.e. 1.5).

    And get yourself a copy of your favorite IDE - there has been much
    change over the years. I would go with Eclipse - but this is just my
    0.02EUR - others will probably suggest NetBeans, IDEA...

    Kind regards

    robert
    Robert Klemme, Mar 11, 2007
  4. CM

    Dan Andrews Guest

    On Mar 11, 3:17 am, "CM" <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I've been out of Java programming now for about 5 years and I'm
    > looking to get back into it. Does anyone know any resources to help
    > get me stated again?

    Effective Java (http://java.sun.com/docs/books/effective) would be my
    recommendation.

    Cheers,