wait for an object.mouseover to execute a function

Discussion in 'Javascript' started by Charlie T, Sep 7, 2004.

  1. Charlie T

    Charlie T Guest

    Hello,

    This is somewhat of an easy task in other languages, but for some
    reason I can't figure it out in JavaScript.

    I have a function "getData( )" The function will be contained in side
    of a DIV.

    Example:
    //<DIV>"javascript:document.link2Watch.onmouseover(getData(data))</DIV>
    //<DIV>"javascript:document.link2Watch.onmouseover(getData(otherData))</DIV>

    //<a href="#" name="link2Watch" onmouseover"">Object to watch</a>

    When someone runs their mouse over a particular link (object) I would
    like my function to be executed. The function will be spred throughout
    my webpage, so I need to somehow capture the mouseover event.

    Does anyone understand? Can anyone help?

    Thanks Much....
    Charlie T, Sep 7, 2004

  2. Charlie T

    Mike Foster Guest

    Charlie T wrote:
    > When someone runs their mouse over a particular link (object) I would
    > like my function to be executed. The function will be spred throughout
    > my webpage, so I need to somehow capture the mouseover event.

    Perhaps the technique used in the following demo will be helpful:
    http://cross-browser.com/toys/link_interception.php

    There are other techniques - but I'm not sure if I understand what
    you're trying to do. Is the page online?
    Mike Foster, Sep 8, 2004