    David.

    edit : wait on sig1,sig2,sig3 does that ?

    Last edited: Oct 26, 2009
    darock, Oct 26, 2009

  2. darock

    matchstick86

    Joined:
    Oct 2, 2009
    Messages:
    19
    as in the process will not proceed until a signal changes? are we talking about one or three signals?

    personally I don't like using wait statements. I use a sensitivity list containing those signals so that whenever any of them changes, the process will kick in.

    so you could try
    Code:
    process(sig1, sig2, sig3) is
    --variables or what have you
    begin

    If that's not what you are looking for, perhaps:
    Code:
    WAIT ON (sig1 OR sig2 OR sig3);

    Try them and let us know!

    matchstick86, Oct 27, 2009

  3. darock

    darock

    Joined:
    Oct 26, 2009
    Messages:
    2
    Thanks for the reply!

    The second code is exactly the behavior i want .... but it doesn't seems to compile... (i use modelsim)

    ** Error: *******l.vhd(336): near "(": expecting "STRING" or "IDENTIFIER" or "<<"

    i used the same syntax than you( just put my signal name)

    (i can't use sensitivity list because i need "wait for" to emulate gate delay)

    any idea?
    Edit : ok i found

    ****://***.csee.umbc.edu/help/VHDL/sequential.html

    wait on sig1, sig2; -- sensitivity clause, any event on any signal terminates wait

    now i am sure ! thanks

    Last edited: Oct 28, 2009
    darock, Oct 28, 2009