WaitCommEvent problem on windows XP

Discussion in 'Python' started by jim, Aug 7, 2003.

  1. jim

    jim Guest

    Hi, All
    I am using python (activestate 2.2.2-224) on XP home and have suddenly got
    the following error from a file which works fine under millenium.

    File "E:\code\Python\PyModbus\FEModbusV101.py", line 162, in ComPortWrite
    rc,mask =win32file.WaitCommEvent(self.hComm,self.Overlapped)
    api_error: (87, 'WaitCommError', 'The parameter is incorrect.')

    self..hComm is a proper handle to the comm port
    self.Overlapped is a proper overlapped object

    I think the api call requires 3 parameters but only 2 are used in python
    I have checked through old messages and found quite a few about this but saw
    no solution ?

    is it me ?

    any help gratefully received.

    regards