wan ip

Victor Bazarov

Dave said:
Need to get my wan ip from my desktop application
any examples

Post to the newsgroup that deals with your OS. There is no 'wan ip'
in C++ or its library.

Dave P

I know this..so what you all do here...play games
C++ is used too build operating systems, navigation systems, Networking,
so tell me smart man....nobody in here
has a example of writing a small piece of code too
grab a wan ip from the inernal wan

dave..

Rolf Magnus

Dave said:
I know this..

If you know, why do you post here?
so what you all do here...play games

We discuss the C++ programming language as defined by the ISO standard.
C++ is used too build operating systems, navigation systems, Networking,

Indeed. And if you are looking for info on programming any of those systems,
you need to use system specific libraries that are off-topic here.
so tell me smart man....nobody in here
has a example of writing a small piece of code too
grab a wan ip from the inernal wan

No.

Dave P

Thank you Ben
dave

Ben Pope said:
Here, we discuss C++ as defined by the ISO standard.

Yes, and each one of those is different, and provide their own APIs for
things such as networking. Standard C++ does not have any networking
built in.

Well, on my system this works:

#include <network>

using namespace network;

int main() {
address_t ip = get_external_ip();
}

but as already mentioned, this is OS specific, I doubt very much you
have the same system as I.

Ben Pope