Wanna study high quality c++ code

TechCrazy

Hi folks,

I want to study high quality c++ code - code that uses most of the
techniques described in "Effective C++'/ 'More Effective C++ '/'Modern
C++ Design' books.

Where do I start? Any specific open source projects?

Thanks.

FUCK ME

A great source of code is www.pscode.com it has avaliable tutorials and
has an array (pardon the pun) of full application that when I first
started studying C++ I personally found helpful..enjoy dude

Michael Bejer-Andersen

TechCrazy said:
Hi folks,

I want to study high quality c++ code - code that uses most of the
techniques described in "Effective C++'/ 'More Effective C++ '/'Modern
C++ Design' books.

Where do I start? Any specific open source projects?

Thanks.

You could probably look at the STL if you want to see some high quality
source :)

BigBrian

Michael said:
You could probably look at the STL if you want to see some high quality
source :)

This depends on your defination of high quality. If you defination
includes extendibility, I disagree ( at least based on my compiler
writer's implementation ).

-Brian

osmium

BigBrian said:
This depends on your defination of high quality. If you defination
includes extendibility, I disagree ( at least based on my compiler
writer's implementation ).

I think the smiley at the end was meant to convert his statement into a
witty bit of sarcasm. Clever, huh?

Bill Shortall

TechCrazy said:
Hi folks,

I want to study high quality c++ code - code that uses most of the
techniques described in "Effective C++'/ 'More Effective C++ '/'Modern
C++ Design' books.

Where do I start? Any specific open source projects?

Thanks.

OK Crazy One,

If you really want to study some kick-ass communications
software try ACE by Doug Schmidt et al
http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/ACE.html

for something a little easier try the Quantlib - a set of classes for
economic studies in stocks, bonds and derivitives
www.quantlib.org

If you can master both of these, you have achieved Geek Golum status

Regards....Bill Shortall

__PPS__

I personally don't like ACE at all. (lots of crapy macroces etc...)
look at boost for really high quality code