    C++ Design' books.

    Where do I start? Any specific open source projects?

    Thanks.

    TechCrazy, Aug 2, 2005

  2. TechCrazy

    FUCK ME Guest

    A great source of code is www.pscode.com it has avaliable tutorials and
    has an array (pardon the pun) of full application that when I first
    started studying C++ I personally found helpful..enjoy dude

    FUCK ME, Aug 2, 2005

  3. TechCrazy

    Du Jinrui Guest

    Thank u your website. It's a very good site:)

    Du Jinrui, Aug 2, 2005
  4. TechCrazy wrote:
    > Hi folks,
    >
    > I want to study high quality c++ code - code that uses most of the
    > techniques described in "Effective C++'/ 'More Effective C++ '/'Modern
    > C++ Design' books.
    >
    > Where do I start? Any specific open source projects?
    >
    > Thanks.

    You could probably look at the STL if you want to see some high quality
    source :)

    Michael Bejer-Andersen, Aug 2, 2005
  5. TechCrazy

    BigBrian Guest

    Michael Bejer-Andersen wrote:
    > TechCrazy wrote:
    > > Hi folks,
    > >
    > > I want to study high quality c++ code - code that uses most of the
    > > techniques described in "Effective C++'/ 'More Effective C++ '/'Modern
    > > C++ Design' books.
    > >
    > > Where do I start? Any specific open source projects?
    > >
    > > Thanks.

    > You could probably look at the STL if you want to see some high quality
    > source :)

    This depends on your defination of high quality. If you defination
    includes extendibility, I disagree ( at least based on my compiler
    writer's implementation ).

    -Brian

    BigBrian, Aug 2, 2005
  6. TechCrazy

    osmium Guest

    "BigBrian" writes:

    > Michael Bejer-Andersen wrote:
    >> TechCrazy wrote:
    >> > Hi folks,
    >> >
    >> > I want to study high quality c++ code - code that uses most of the
    >> > techniques described in "Effective C++'/ 'More Effective C++ '/'Modern
    >> > C++ Design' books.
    >> >
    >> > Where do I start? Any specific open source projects?
    >> >
    >> > Thanks.

    >> You could probably look at the STL if you want to see some high quality
    >> source :)

    > This depends on your defination of high quality. If you defination
    > includes extendibility, I disagree ( at least based on my compiler
    > writer's implementation ).

    I think the smiley at the end was meant to convert his statement into a
    witty bit of sarcasm. Clever, huh?

    osmium, Aug 2, 2005
  7. TechCrazy

    Howard Guest

    "**** ME" <> wrote in message

    Nice name. So when do you start junior high?

    -Howard

    Howard, Aug 2, 2005
  8. "TechCrazy" <> wrote in message
    > Hi folks,
    >
    > I want to study high quality c++ code - code that uses most of the
    > techniques described in "Effective C++'/ 'More Effective C++ '/'Modern
    > C++ Design' books.
    >
    > Where do I start? Any specific open source projects?
    >
    > Thanks.

    OK Crazy One,

    If you really want to study some kick-ass communications
    software try ACE by Doug Schmidt et al
    http://www.cs.wustl.edu/~schmidt/ACE.html

    for something a little easier try the Quantlib - a set of classes for
    economic studies in stocks, bonds and derivitives
    www.quantlib.org

    If you can master both of these, you have achieved Geek Golum status

    Regards....Bill Shortall

    Bill Shortall, Aug 2, 2005
  9. TechCrazy

    __PPS__ Guest

    I personally don't like ACE at all. (lots of crapy macroces etc...)
    look at boost for really high quality code

    __PPS__, Aug 2, 2005