want a site that loads a new page every 30 seconds

Sheila

I am trying to create a page that will load a new page every 30 seconds or
so. There a way to use the refresh meta to do this or another way? Thinking
maybe with a frame that loads the new page in the main window. Any
suggestions would be appreciated
thanks in advance

C A Upsdell

Sheila said:
I am trying to create a page that will load a new page every 30 seconds or
so. There a way to use the refresh meta to do this or another way? Thinking
maybe with a frame that loads the new page in the main window. Any
suggestions would be appreciated
thanks in advance

Richard

Sheila said:
I am trying to create a page that will load a new page every 30 seconds
or so. There a way to use the refresh meta to do this or another way?
Thinking maybe with a frame that loads the new page in the main window.
Any suggestions would be appreciated
thanks in advance

Why? it may take longer to load the page on dialup.
Here I am looking over the information on the page and all of a sudden I get
a whole new page.
Goodbye.

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Quoth the raven named Sheila:
well they aren't my pages, that is why I was thinking of doing it
in a frame. I want to load lets say http://cnn.com,
http://weather.com, http://another etc. every 30 seconds...maybe
this clears it up more.

Is this on your own computer? Do what Toby says.

Is this on your website? Are you sure you want to do this? Is it legal?

If you'd try that with my pages, they would break out of your frame.

Sheila

I'm sorry I guess I'm not making this clear enough. I want a page I
create do this so others see the pages that will reload on my site.
Maybe it can't be done but seems like there has to be some kind of
coding for it. thanks again for your help.

Mark Parnell

I'm sorry I guess I'm not making this clear enough. I want a page I
create do this so others see the pages that will reload on my site.

So it is on your web site, not just on your computer for your own use?
As Beauregard said, unless you have specific permission to do so, that
is a breach of copyright.

BTW: Please don't post upside-down.

Richard

Sheila said:
well they aren't my pages, that is why I was thinking of doing it in a
frame.
I want to load lets say http://cnn.com, http://weather.com,
http://another etc. every 30 seconds...maybe this clears it up more.

Legally, you'd need permission from the others to duplicate their work like
that.
As this extra load on their system may cause them problems.
They trace the problem back to you, you get billed for the headaches.

Quite frankly, the idea sucks.

Sheila

I'm sorry I guess I'm not making this clear enough. I want a page I
create do this so others see the pages that will reload on my site.
Maybe it can't be done but seems like there has to be some kind of
coding for it. thanks again for your help.

not taking create for these sites they will be shown in their entirety
again I guess I am not expressing exactly what I want to do ....thanks
anyway

Beauregard T. Shagnasty

Quoth the raven named Sheila:
not taking create for these sites they will be shown in their
entirety again I guess I am not expressing exactly what I want to
do ....thanks anyway

I think you are expressing yourself very clearly indeed.

You want to steal the content from cnn.com, weather.com and others,
and present it within a frame on your site, and pass it off as your
own. This is the implication of framing someone else's site within yours.

If you ever succeed, you will find one of two things happening. Either
those other sites will block your IP as soon as they find excessive
hits, or their lawyers will come knocking. Perhaps both.

What is wrong with simply putting a link to them on your site?

Read the latest news from <a href="http://cnn.com">CNN</a>.

Sheila

not taking create for these sites they will be shown in their entirety
again I guess I am not expressing exactly what I want to do ....thanks
anyway

lol sorry but you are wrong I am not into "stealing" think what you
may. If you only knew how wrong lol....again thanks I'll look
elsewhere for help.

Mark Parnell

lol sorry but you are wrong I am not into "stealing" think what you
may.

It doesn't matter whether that is your intention, or even whether you
think you are stealing or not, that's what the law says, so you are.
Sorry.

Toby A Inkster

Mark said:
It doesn't matter whether that is your intention, or even whether you
think you are stealing or not, that's what the law says, so you are.
Sorry.

Actually the law says she's passing off, not stealing.