    maybe with a frame that loads the new page in the main window. Any
    suggestions would be appreciated
    thanks in advance
    Sheila, Apr 18, 2004

  2. Sheila

    C A Upsdell Guest

    "Sheila" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > I am trying to create a page that will load a new page every 30 seconds or
    > so. There a way to use the refresh meta to do this or another way?

    Thinking

    C A Upsdell, Apr 18, 2004

  3. Sheila

    Richard Guest

    Sheila wrote:

    > I am trying to create a page that will load a new page every 30 seconds
    > or so. There a way to use the refresh meta to do this or another way?
    > Thinking maybe with a frame that loads the new page in the main window.
    > Any suggestions would be appreciated
    > thanks in advance

    Why? it may take longer to load the page on dialup.
    Here I am looking over the information on the page and all of a sudden I get
    a whole new page.
    Goodbye.
    Richard, Apr 18, 2004
  4. Sheila wrote:

    > I am trying to create a page that will load a new page every 30 seconds or
    > so.

    Will you be able to create the pages fast enough?

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Toby A Inkster, Apr 18, 2004
  5. Sheila

    Sheila Guest

    well they aren't my pages, that is why I was thinking of doing it in a
    frame.
    I want to load lets say http://cnn.com, http://weather.com,
    http://another etc. every 30 seconds...maybe this clears it up more.

    Sheila, Apr 18, 2004
  6. Toby A Inkster, Apr 18, 2004
  7. Quoth the raven named Sheila:

    > well they aren't my pages, that is why I was thinking of doing it
    > in a frame. I want to load lets say http://cnn.com,
    > http://weather.com, http://another etc. every 30 seconds...maybe
    > this clears it up more.

    Is this on your own computer? Do what Toby says.

    Is this on your website? Are you sure you want to do this? Is it legal?

    If you'd try that with my pages, they would break out of your frame.

    --
    -bts
    -This space intentionally left blank.
    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Apr 18, 2004
  8. Sheila

    Sheila Guest

    I'm sorry I guess I'm not making this clear enough. I want a page I
    create do this so others see the pages that will reload on my site.
    Maybe it can't be done but seems like there has to be some kind of
    coding for it. thanks again for your help.

    Sheila, Apr 18, 2004
  9. Sheila

    Mark Parnell Guest

    On 18 Apr 2004 15:14:38 -0700, (Sheila) declared
    in alt.html:

    > I'm sorry I guess I'm not making this clear enough. I want a page I
    > create do this so others see the pages that will reload on my site.

    So it is on your web site, not just on your computer for your own use?
    As Beauregard said, unless you have specific permission to do so, that
    is a breach of copyright.

    BTW: Please don't post upside-down.

    Mark Parnell
    http://www.clarkecomputers.com.au
    Mark Parnell, Apr 19, 2004
  10. Sheila

    Richard Guest

    Sheila wrote:

    > well they aren't my pages, that is why I was thinking of doing it in a
    > frame.
    > I want to load lets say http://cnn.com, http://weather.com,
    > http://another etc. every 30 seconds...maybe this clears it up more.

    Legally, you'd need permission from the others to duplicate their work like
    that.
    As this extra load on their system may cause them problems.
    They trace the problem back to you, you get billed for the headaches.

    Quite frankly, the idea sucks.
    Richard, Apr 19, 2004
  11. Sheila

    Sheila Guest

    (Sheila) wrote in message news:<>...
    > I'm sorry I guess I'm not making this clear enough. I want a page I
    > create do this so others see the pages that will reload on my site.
    > Maybe it can't be done but seems like there has to be some kind of
    > coding for it. thanks again for your help.
    >

    > (Sheila) wrote in message news:<>...
    > > well they aren't my pages, that is why I was thinking of doing it in a
    > > frame.
    > > I want to load lets say http://cnn.com, http://weather.com,
    > > http://another etc. every 30 seconds...maybe this clears it up more.
    > >

    > > Toby A Inkster <> wrote in message news:<>...

    > > > Will you be able to create the pages fast enough?

    not taking create for these sites they will be shown in their entirety
    again I guess I am not expressing exactly what I want to do ....thanks
    anyway
    Sheila, Apr 19, 2004
  12. Quoth the raven named Sheila:

    >>> well they aren't my pages, that is why I was thinking of doing
    >>> it in a frame. I want to load lets say http://cnn.com,
    >>> http://weather.com, http://another etc. every 30
    >>> seconds...maybe this clears it up more.

    > not taking create for these sites they will be shown in their
    > entirety again I guess I am not expressing exactly what I want to
    > do ....thanks anyway

    I think you are expressing yourself very clearly indeed.

    You want to steal the content from cnn.com, weather.com and others,
    and present it within a frame on your site, and pass it off as your
    own. This is the implication of framing someone else's site within yours.

    If you ever succeed, you will find one of two things happening. Either
    those other sites will block your IP as soon as they find excessive
    hits, or their lawyers will come knocking. Perhaps both.

    What is wrong with simply putting a link to them on your site?

    Read the latest news from <a href="http://cnn.com">CNN</a>.

    Beauregard T. Shagnasty, Apr 19, 2004
  13. Sheila

    Sheila Guest

    (Sheila) wrote in message news:<>...
    > (Sheila) wrote in message news:<>...
    > > I'm sorry I guess I'm not making this clear enough. I want a page I
    > > create do this so others see the pages that will reload on my site.
    > > Maybe it can't be done but seems like there has to be some kind of
    > > coding for it. thanks again for your help.
    > >

    > > (Sheila) wrote in message news:<>...
    > > > well they aren't my pages, that is why I was thinking of doing it in a
    > > > frame.
    > > > I want to load lets say http://cnn.com, http://weather.com,
    > > > http://another etc. every 30 seconds...maybe this clears it up more.

    > not taking create for these sites they will be shown in their entirety
    > again I guess I am not expressing exactly what I want to do ....thanks
    > anyway

    lol sorry but you are wrong I am not into "stealing" think what you
    may. If you only knew how wrong lol....again thanks I'll look
    elsewhere for help.
    Sheila, Apr 19, 2004
  14. Sheila

    Mark Parnell Guest

    On 19 Apr 2004 14:08:11 -0700, (Sheila) declared
    in alt.html:

    > lol sorry but you are wrong I am not into "stealing" think what you
    > may.

    It doesn't matter whether that is your intention, or even whether you
    think you are stealing or not, that's what the law says, so you are.
    Sorry.

    Mark Parnell, Apr 20, 2004
  15. Mark Parnell wrote:

    > It doesn't matter whether that is your intention, or even whether you
    > think you are stealing or not, that's what the law says, so you are.
    > Sorry.

    Actually the law says she's passing off, not stealing.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Toby A Inkster, Apr 20, 2004