want process to kill itself then restart

Brian

I have a perl/tk app that I want to supply a button that will kill the
current process and then restart the application. I was thinking that
I could just fork off a child process at start time and then wait for
the child to finish and then fork off another child. The quesion is
how to go about doing this?

Thanks,
brian

Mothra

Brian said:
I have a perl/tk app that I want to supply a button that will kill the
current process and then restart the application. I was thinking that
I could just fork off a child process at start time and then wait for
the child to finish and then fork off another child. The quesion is
how to go about doing this?
Why not just send SIGHUP to the process?