    resizes the browser? (or) 800*600 1024*780....... and so on varying
    resolutions.
    Prethanks everyone
    daman, Apr 16, 2005

  2. daman

    Toby Inkster Guest

    daman wrote:

    > been developing a website and would like to know how do you guys get
    > the text inside of the webpage to resize as the windows cursor handles
    > resizes the browser?

    The text? As in the font size?

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS
    Toby Inkster, Apr 16, 2005

  3. daman

    Steve Pugh Guest

    "daman" <> wrote:

    >been developing a website and would like to know how do you guys get
    >the text inside of the webpage to resize as the windows cursor handles
    >resizes the browser? (or) 800*600 1024*780....... and so on varying
    >resolutions.

    We don't. We trust the user to have already selected a font size that
    suits their chosen screen resolution and window size.

    Steve

    Steve Pugh <> <http://steve.pugh.net/>
    Steve Pugh, Apr 16, 2005
  4. daman

    Andy Dingley Guest

    Body text (i.e. the default size for <p>} goes as 1em on _all_
    sites.

    ( To work around an IE bug, you code this as 100% instead, but it's
    the same effect)

    There is _no_ reason to change this. If you want to subclass it, then
    p.big-stuff { 1.5em; } is fine, but leave that default in the hands of
    the user where it belongs.
    Andy Dingley, Apr 16, 2005
  5. daman

    SpaceGirl Guest

    daman wrote:
    > been developing a website and would like to know how do you guys get
    > the text inside of the webpage to resize as the windows cursor handles
    > resizes the browser? (or) 800*600 1024*780....... and so on varying
    > resolutions.
    > Prethanks everyone

    You cant really do this in HTML. However, if you do it in Flash, Flash
    movies can be sent to expand to fill whatever space they are in - so
    enlarging the content if you have a big window, and visa versa. However,
    a newbie shouldn't go anywhere near Flash. The only other way is to use
    some complicated DHTML, and that would be a really REALLY bad idea.

    Just let the user select whatever font size they want. You dont have any
    real control. All your page can do is "suggest" a size. All major
    browsers can easily override whatever you set and there's nothing you
    can do about it, other than using something different from HTML (such as
    Flash, or SVG).

    --

    x theSpaceGirl (miranda)

    SpaceGirl, Apr 16, 2005
  6. daman

    daman Guest

    i am using html, not any fancy php. If memory serves correct, two lines
    of script was inserted @ the beginning and end of the document and
    re-aligned all of the text inside of the browser. surely a guru is
    somewhere close by who is adept of knowledge.
    prethanks community.
    daman, Apr 19, 2005
  7. daman

    daman Guest

    uh, ah, no no gerl! ah, no thanks!
    daman, Apr 19, 2005
  8. daman

    Els Guest

    daman wrote:

    > uh, ah, no no gerl! ah, no thanks!

    Hello Daman,

    What do you think people understand of your message when they come
    across it somewhere in Google Groups next week?
    Or even: what do you think I, regular alt.html reader, understand of
    your message? Even though I can see at first glance that your post is
    a reply to a message by SpaceGirl (my newsreader doesn't delete posts
    from last week), I really don't remember what she wrote in that
    message.

    Hint: I read more groups than alt.html, SpaceGirl writes a lot of
    posts, my memory is based on a human brain, oh, and most important:
    you didn't quote the part of the message you replied to.

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/
    - Renato Russo -
    Els, Apr 19, 2005
  9. daman

    Els Guest

    daman wrote:

    > i am using html, not any fancy php. If memory serves correct, two lines
    > of script was inserted @ the beginning and end of the document and
    > re-aligned all of the text inside of the browser. surely a guru is
    > somewhere close by who is adept of knowledge.
    > prethanks community.

    Yes, it's full of gurus here. But without knowing your problem, even
    the best guru can't help you.

    Hint: you didn't quote any previous message part. Nobody will know
    what you are talking about.

    --
    Els http://locusmeus.com/
    - Renato Russo -
    Els, Apr 19, 2005
  10. daman

    kchayka Guest

    daman wrote:

    > surely a guru is somewhere close by who is adept of knowledge.

    Probably, but here's a tip for you:
    If you insist on posting through google groups, learn how to turn on
    automatic quoting. Otherwise, few people here will bother responding.
    While you're at it, read up on proper quoting in usenet:
    <URL:http://allmyfaqs.com/faq.pl?How_to_post>

    BTW, you are really much better off getting yourself a real newsreader
    and abandoning GG. It's only useful as an archive.

    kchayka, Apr 19, 2005