    so?

    thanks,
    Shi.

    Shi Sherebrin, Jun 30, 2003

  2. Shi Sherebrin

    John J. Lee Guest

    (Shi Sherebrin) writes:
    [...]
    > I've been searching through the pythoncom and ctypes documentation and
    > samples, and can't seem to find any examples of making an ActiveX
    > object. The pythoncom documentation claims that ActiveX is the same
    > as COM, but there seems to need to be more added to a COM server to
    > make it an ActiveX object, and I don't know nearly enough to know how
    > to do this.
    >
    > Is anyone else interested in doing this, and has anyone managed to do
    > so?

    ActiveX controls are indeed just COM servers with particular interfaces.

    Have you found the O'Reilly book yet (Hammond and Robinson)? I don't
    remember anything specifically on ActiveX, but it certainly covers
    making COM servers from Python. The relevant chapter (12) is actually
    downloadable for free, I think.

    I don't know whether AX controls are possible / well-supported:

    http://tinyurl.com/fo58

    but this might be more useful to you:

    http://tinyurl.com/fo5t
    http://tinyurl.com/fo6b

    John

    John J. Lee, Jun 30, 2003

  3. Shi Sherebrin

    Syver Enstad Guest

    (Shi Sherebrin) writes:

    > A colleague wants some functionality that I've built in a Python class
    > available to 'drop' into her Visual C++ project. Some time ago she
    > gave up on trying to use 'regular' COM servers, since ActiveX controls
    > integrate so much more easily. So if I can't wrap the Python class
    > into an ActiveX object, I'll have to port it.
    >
    > I've been searching through the pythoncom and ctypes documentation and
    > samples, and can't seem to find any examples of making an ActiveX
    > object. The pythoncom documentation claims that ActiveX is the same
    > as COM, but there seems to need to be more added to a COM server to
    > make it an ActiveX object, and I don't know nearly enough to know how
    > to do this.
    >
    > Is anyone else interested in doing this, and has anyone managed to do
    > so?

    If I am not mistaken, the only thing your colleague needs is a type
    library for the python com object. In the cases I've experienced this
    is what makes MS IDE's tick when it comes to COM objects.

    Syver Enstad, Jul 1, 2003
  4. Bonjour !
    Peut-être en créant un serveur COM, puis en encapsulant celui-ci avec un peu
    de code, dans VBCCE (=Visual Basic Control Creation Edition, gratuit, chez
    Microsoft, pour faire des Active-X).
    C'était juste une idée.

    Hi ! (sorry for my poor english)
    Perhaps with : to do an COM server, and use it, in little code, in VBCCE
    (=Visual Basic Control Creation Edition ; free, at Microsoft, for create
    Active-X).
    Just an idea.

    @-salutations
    --