want to create another virt dir to point to existing .net project

Roy79

I have a Virtual directory (call it it VDA) referenceing a .net webservice on
the same machine to "c:\myproject\wsProject\myapp"
The .webinfo file is refereing to this VDA as "http:\\localhost\VDA\..."

This set up works and is typical.

What I want to do:

I want to create another Virtual Directory (VDB) in the same machine
reference to the same .net webservice to.

However, when I change the .webinfo to reference to
"http:\\localhost\VDB\..." and then open the .sln file. I get the error that
when loading solution "web access failed" and detail messages stating it is
trying to reference VDA and is asking to retry path or use frontpage
extensions or work offline.

Basically is there a way to create a new set of virt directories with a
different name point to a directory of .net code.

Pandurang Nayak

There are two different things you are trying to do. One is to create two
virtual directories to the same directory - that is possible and you should
be able to browse localhost/VDA and localhost/VDB without any problem.

The second thing is opening the project in VS. What version of VS are you
using? If you are using VS 2005, you can use the Open Website... in IIS and
open the site or Open Website... from File System.

For earlier versions, just create a new empty solution, say "Add existing
project" and then reference the IIS virtual directory. If you created two
empty solutions in different directories, you can reference the same solution
- but I wouldn't know why you would want to do that.

Regards,
Pandurang