Want to meet any of these people? They are registered for PyCon

Steve Holden

In accordance with PyCon's privacy policy, there are currently 29 PyCon
registrants who have asked that their names not be published. The
remainder, however, are listed here just in case you've ever wanted to
meet any of them, and could do so by registering for PyCon at

http://www.python.org/pycon/2005/register.html

Note that the sort order isn't perfect - I just sorted on the second
"word" in each name. PyCon is a *great* place to meet people and discuss
ideas. Hope to see you there.

regards
Steve

Chris Akre
Brad Allen
Kevin Altis
Ummesalma Amil
Stephen Apiki
Dan Arico
Larry Austin
Suresh Babu Eddala
Jim Baker
Amir Bakhtiar
Greg Barr
Facundo Batista
Anton Benard
Thomas Bennett
Bill Bergmann
Ian Bicking
Brian Bilbrey
David Binger
Zachery Bir
Matthew Blecker
Chris Blunck
Ben Bodner
Jonah Bossewitch
Ivo Busko
Theodore C. Pollari
Matthew Cahn
JP Calderone
Brett Cannon
Katie Capps Parlante
Vern Ceder
Michael Chermside
Martin Chilvers
Anders Chrigstrom
Daniel Chudnov
Tom Cocagne
Eric Coffman
Kevin Cole
Tim Couper
Matt Croydon
Kevin Cully
Andrew Dalke
R. David Murray
Zoltan Deak
Stephan Deibel
Catherine Devlin
Cory Dodt
Bruce Donald Campbell
Brian Dorsey
Scott Downie
Fred Drake
Matt Drew
Michael Droettboom
Reggie Dugard
Donovan Eastman
Bruce Eckel
John Ehresman
Alan Elkner
Jeffrey Elkner
Richard Emslie
Mathieu Fenniak
Robert Ferguson
Abe Fettig
Russell Finn
Timothy Fitz
Mike Fletcher
Alec Flett
Paul Flint
Mitchell Foral
Doug Fort
Robin Friedrich
Phil Frost
Jim Fulton
Patrick Garrett
Philip Gaudette
David Geller
Grig Gheorghiu
Christopher Gillett
John Goebel
Matthew Good
David Goodger
Nat Goodspeed
Perry Greenfield
Joe Grossberg
David Grumm
Walter H. Rauser
Warren Hack
Walker Hale IV
Jacob Hallen
David Hancock
Andrew Harrington
Travis Hartwell
Randy Heiland
Mark Hertel
Raymond Hettinger
Rob Hill
Tom Hoffman
Steve Holden
Jim Hugunin
John Hunter
Jeremy Hylton
Bob Ippolito
Joseph J. Pamer
Kevin Jacobs
Vineet Jain
Michael Johnson
Eric Jones
Evan Jones
Ian Jones
Richard Jones
Francisco Juarez
Patrick K. O'Brien
Jacob Kaplan-Moss
Don Kauffman
David Keeney
Peter Kessler
Shahthureen Khan
Brian Kirsch
Sally Kleinfeldt
Josheph Kocherhans
Jeff Kowalczyk
Daniel Krech
Kartic Krishnamurthy
Peter Kropf
Andrew Kuchling
Bob Kuehne
Jeff Kunce
Lloyd Kvam
Jason L Asbahr
MAN-YONG LEE
Cameron Laird
LD Landis
Jukka Laurila
Aaron Lav
Phil Lawrence
Edward Leafe
Charles Leake
Glyph Lefkowitz
Ted Leung
Michelle Levesque
Bailing Li
Greg Lindstrom
Yihsiang Liow
Peter Lyons
John M. Camara
Matthew MacInnes
Andrew MacKeith
Bryan MacRae
Brian Mahoney
Alex Martelli
Andrej Masiar
Peter Masiar
Roger Masse
Mark McClain
Alan McIntyre
Michael McLay
Paul McNett
Simon Michael
Charles Moad
Andrew Moore
David Morrill
David Muffley
Edward Muller
Robin Munn
Eric Newton
Edward Ng
Rob Nichols
Nestor Nissen
Greg Noble
Neal Norwitz
Peter Olsen
Mike Orr
Brad Palmquist
Guy Pardoe
Bob Parks
Thomas Parsli
Anders Pearson
Joel Pearson
Samuele Pedroni
Dave Perkins
Tim Peters
Carl Phillips
Charles Phillips
John Pinner
Mike Pirnat
Patrick Power
Mark Pratt
Kashif Qureshi
James R Hall-Morrison
Michael R. Bernstein
Douglas R. Caldwell
Andrew R. Gross
Robert R. Knight
Christian R. Simms
Anna Ravenscroft
Jimmy Retzlaff
John Rhodes
Anthony Rhudd
Armin Rigo
Nicholas Riley
Arnaldo Riquelme
Tracy Ruggles
Jeff Rush
Ollie Rutherfurd
Dr. S. Candelaria de Ram
Mike Salib
Prasan Samtani
Michel Sanner
Phil Schumm
Bill Sconce
Chris Shenton
Allen Short
Jim Sizelove
Brian Skahan
Erik Smartt
Garrett Smith
Jason Smith
Jacob Smullyan
Jeff Sprandel
David Stanek
William Stein
Yusei TAHARA
Geoff Talvola
Lee Taylor
Mike Taylor
Christian Theune
Rick Thomas
Andy Trice
George Trojan
Jamie Turner
Karl Ulbrich
Kirby Urner
Eric V. Smith
Andi Vajda
Hernando Vera
Thomas Verghese
Martin Walsh
Barry Warsaw
Steve Waterbury
Michael Weigend
Chad Whitacre
Kendall Whitesell
Frank Wilder
Derek Willis
Simon Willison
Mark Wittner
Russ Woodman
Andy Wright
Linden Wright
Peter Wu
Yahong Wu
James Y Knight
Ka-Ping Yee
Nathan Yergler
Wai Yip Tung
Rici Yu
Peter Zhang
Brian Zimmer
matthew daiprai
holger krekel
clint malone
Martin v. Loewis
Guido van Rossum
Tom von Schwerdtner

Aahz

Note that the sort order isn't perfect - I just sorted on the second
"word" in each name. PyCon is a *great* place to meet people and discuss
ideas. Hope to see you there.

Good thing I'm not coming this year, eh? ;-)
--
Aahz ([email protected]) <*> http://www.pythoncraft.com/

"Given that C++ has pointers and typecasts, it's really hard to have a serious
conversation about type safety with a C++ programmer and keep a straight face.
It's kind of like having a guy who juggles chainsaws wearing body armor
arguing with a guy who juggles rubber chickens wearing a T-shirt about who's
in more danger." --Roy Smith, c.l.py, 2004.05.23

Steve Holden

Aahz said:
Good thing I'm not coming this year, eh? ;-)

If you mean specifically for sorting purposes, it would have put the
null second name at the beginning just like you'd expect.

regards
Steve

Stephen Thorne

If you mean specifically for sorting purposes, it would have put the
null second name at the beginning just like you'd expect.

Odd, the naive way I would have written such a script would have been:

all_names = (line.split() for line in sys.stdin)
sys.stdout.writelines(' '.join(x[1])+'\n' for x in sorted((name[1],
name) for name in all_names))

which would not have worked correctly, it would have thrown an
exception because "Aahz\n".split()[1] does not exist.

I guess the second iteration would use name[1:] instead...

unfortunately-not-going-to-pycon-ly y'rs.
Stephen Thorne

Steve Holden

Stephen said:
If you mean specifically for sorting purposes, it would have put the
null second name at the beginning just like you'd expect.

Odd, the naive way I would have written such a script would have been:

all_names = (line.split() for line in sys.stdin)
sys.stdout.writelines(' '.join(x[1])+'\n' for x in sorted((name[1],
name) for name in all_names))

which would not have worked correctly, it would have thrown an
exception because "Aahz\n".split()[1] does not exist.

I guess the second iteration would use name[1:] instead...

unfortunately-not-going-to-pycon-ly y'rs.
Stephen Thorne

Sorry you can't make it to Python. My even-naiver way of approaching the
problem was to use the sort utility built into Cygwin, thereby avoiding
writing any code at all.

regards
Steve

Aahz

Sorry you can't make it to Python. My even-naiver way of approaching the
problem was to use the sort utility built into Cygwin, thereby avoiding
writing any code at all.

That's cheating! ;-)
--
Aahz ([email protected]) <*> http://www.pythoncraft.com/

"Given that C++ has pointers and typecasts, it's really hard to have a serious
conversation about type safety with a C++ programmer and keep a straight face.
It's kind of like having a guy who juggles chainsaws wearing body armor
arguing with a guy who juggles rubber chickens wearing a T-shirt about who's
in more danger." --Roy Smith, c.l.py, 2004.05.23

Garry Hodgson

Steve Holden said:
Sorry you can't make it to Python. My even-naiver way of approaching the
problem was to use the sort utility built into Cygwin, thereby avoiding
writing any code at all.

an easier way is to publish it unsorted, but claim it is sorted.
someone is sure to correct it with the proper sorted list.

Christos TZOTZIOY Georgiou

an easier way is to publish it unsorted, but claim it is sorted.
someone is sure to correct it with the proper sorted list.

For parents, the other way is to forbid their children sorting the list.