    i want it to look like new image is coming out from the bottom and
    moving up to the height of the sidebar and at the other end it is
    disappearing .
    animation, Oct 22, 2008

  2. animation

    rf Guest

    "animation" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >i have made a web site n i want to move images in the Y direction in
    > the sidebar of the website.
    > i want it to look like new image is coming out from the bottom and
    > moving up to the height of the sidebar and at the other end it is
    > disappearing .

    Which will totally distract your viewers eyes away from the main content of
    your site.
    rf, Oct 22, 2008

  3. animation

    Guest

    animation wrote:
    > i have made a web site n i want to move images in the Y direction in
    > the sidebar of the website.
    > i want it to look like new image is coming out from the bottom and
    > moving up to the height of the sidebar and at the other end it is
    > disappearing .

    Do stuff like this very sparingly!

    This is very easy with a <canvas> element: drawImage() at successively
    changing locations. Trouble with <canvas> is that some company in
    Washington doesn't support that tag.

    W/o <canvas> check GIF animations. W/o GIF animations, create a
    sequence of images and load them all at once with the display property
    set to none. Then dlsplay them one at a time.
    , Oct 22, 2008
  4. animation

    David Mark Guest

    On Oct 22, 1:29 pm, wrote:
    > animation wrote:
    > > i have made a web site n i want to move images in the Y direction in
    > > the sidebar of the website.
    > > i want it to look like new image is coming out from the bottom and
    > > moving up to the height of the sidebar and at the other end it is
    > > disappearing .

    > Do stuff like this very sparingly!

    Yes. Less is more. Some sites seem to exist only to fade elements in
    and out.

    > This is very easy with a <canvas> element: drawImage() at successively

    Forget that.

    > changing locations. Trouble with <canvas> is that some company in
    > Washington doesn't support that tag.

    That's why.

    > W/o <canvas> check GIF animations. W/o GIF animations, create a

    No.

    > sequence of images and load them all at once with the display property
    > set to none. Then dlsplay them one at a time.

    No.

    How about changing the top style of an absolutely positioned image
    element (or div with background image) over time?
    David Mark, Oct 22, 2008