Want to send a pre-established email message automatically

Stu

When a certain condition occurs on my server, I want to send a set
message (subject line only) to a pre-set email address. Can this be
done without having a mail server running on my system. I have either
outlook express, outlook or netscape mail available, but I don't want
to have to have any user interaction. In fact the email is a message
to my cell (e-mail address removed) I really would hate to have to
install and run something like sendmail that would allow me to do
this.

thanks in advance for any help

Joshua Beall

Stu said:
When a certain condition occurs on my server, I want to send a set
message (subject line only) to a pre-set email address. Can this be
done without having a mail server running on my system. I have either
outlook express, outlook or netscape mail available, but I don't want
to have to have any user interaction. In fact the email is a message
to my cell (e-mail address removed) I really would hate to have to
install and run something like sendmail that would allow me to do
this.

thanks in advance for any help

Without knowing more about the "certain conditions", I cannot really help.
But, if the "certain conditions" are "an email meeting a certain criteria
comes into the inbox", you could setup a rule in Outlook/Outlook Express
that automatically forwards the message to your phone.

Hywel

When a certain condition occurs on my server, I want to send a set
message (subject line only) to a pre-set email address. Can this be
done without having a mail server running on my system. I have either
outlook express, outlook or netscape mail available, but I don't want
to have to have any user interaction. In fact the email is a message
to my cell (e-mail address removed) I really would hate to have to
install and run something like sendmail that would allow me to do
this.

Why doesn't your server already have a mail capability? Is it your own
Windows PC or something?

Toby A Inkster

Stu said:
I really would hate to have to
install and run something like sendmail that would allow me to do
this.

Google for "SSMTP". Yes, there is a Windows version available.

Mitja

Stu said:
When a certain condition occurs on my server, I want to send a set
message (subject line only) to a pre-set email address. Can this be
done without having a mail server running on my system. I have either
outlook express, outlook or netscape mail available, but I don't want
to have to have any user interaction. In fact the email is a message
to my cell (e-mail address removed) I really would hate to have to
install and run something like sendmail that would allow me to do
this.

thanks in advance for any help

If you want something REALLY lightweight and know how to program, you could
write a little proggie doing the (very basic) comunication on the
appropriate ports.