    install and run something like sendmail that would allow me to do
    this.

    thanks in advance for any help

    Stu, Apr 5, 2004

  2. Stu

    Joshua Beall Guest

    "Stu" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > When a certain condition occurs on my server, I want to send a set
    > message (subject line only) to a pre-set email address. Can this be
    > done without having a mail server running on my system. I have either
    > outlook express, outlook or netscape mail available, but I don't want
    > to have to have any user interaction. In fact the email is a message
    > to my cell I really would hate to have to
    > install and run something like sendmail that would allow me to do
    > this.
    >
    > thanks in advance for any help

    Without knowing more about the "certain conditions", I cannot really help.
    But, if the "certain conditions" are "an email meeting a certain criteria
    comes into the inbox", you could setup a rule in Outlook/Outlook Express
    that automatically forwards the message to your phone.

    Joshua Beall, Apr 5, 2004

  3. Stu

    Hywel Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > When a certain condition occurs on my server, I want to send a set
    > message (subject line only) to a pre-set email address. Can this be
    > done without having a mail server running on my system. I have either
    > outlook express, outlook or netscape mail available, but I don't want
    > to have to have any user interaction. In fact the email is a message
    > to my cell I really would hate to have to
    > install and run something like sendmail that would allow me to do
    > this.

    Why doesn't your server already have a mail capability? Is it your own
    Windows PC or something?

    --
    Hywel I do not eat quiche
    http://kibo.org.uk/

    Hywel, Apr 5, 2004
  4. Stu wrote:

    > I really would hate to have to
    > install and run something like sendmail that would allow me to do
    > this.

    Google for "SSMTP". Yes, there is a Windows version available.

    --
    Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS

    Toby A Inkster, Apr 5, 2004
  5. Stu

    Mitja Guest

    "Stu" <> wrote in message
    > When a certain condition occurs on my server, I want to send a set
    > message (subject line only) to a pre-set email address. Can this be
    > done without having a mail server running on my system. I have either
    > outlook express, outlook or netscape mail available, but I don't want
    > to have to have any user interaction. In fact the email is a message
    > to my cell I really would hate to have to
    > install and run something like sendmail that would allow me to do
    > this.
    >
    > thanks in advance for any help

    If you want something REALLY lightweight and know how to program, you could
    write a little proggie doing the (very basic) comunication on the
    appropriate ports.

    Mitja, Apr 5, 2004