Want to Validate a DOM Tree Against a Schema - Xerces C/C++

Novitas

I would like to perform a schema validation of a DOM tree that is
already assembled in memory with as little fuss and setup as possible.

I see support in the Xerces documentation to perform validation with
DOMBuilder and XercesDOMParser. There is also an interface class
called XMLValidator, but it is not clear to me how I might use these
resources to achieve what I described above. Any help getting started
in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Ian Pilcher

Novitas said:
I would like to perform a schema validation of a DOM tree that is
already assembled in memory with as little fuss and setup as possible.

I see support in the Xerces documentation to perform validation with
DOMBuilder and XercesDOMParser. There is also an interface class
called XMLValidator, but it is not clear to me how I might use these
resources to achieve what I described above. Any help getting started
in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

In Java, one uses a SchemaFactory to create a Schema, and then one uses
that schema to create a Validator. Finally, a DOMSource is created from
the DOM tree and passed to the Validator.

I'm not sure how much of this will translate to C/C++, but it might get
you started in the right direction.

HTH