    toolkit like pyqt, pygtk, wxpyhton or tkinter.

    Who knows such a program? ;)

    best regards,

    Franz Steinhaeusler, Apr 18, 2007

  2. Franz Steinhaeusler

    Guest

    On Apr 18, 8:07 am, Franz Steinhaeusler <>
    wrote:
    > Hi, although I have googled, I didn't find a Python
    > email client program fitting to my needs.
    >
    > What I want is a program (it doesn't have to be so sophisticated
    > as thunderbird) written totally in python and using a gui
    > toolkit like pyqt, pygtk, wxpyhton or tkinter.
    >
    > Who knows such a program? ;)
    >
    > best regards,

    I'm not finding much either. There is this: http://sourceforge.net/projects/usablemail/

    This also looked promising: http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Email

    It looks like their might be some kind of tkinter email client in the
    Programming Python book by Lutz. ( See
    http://proquest.safaribooksonline.com/0596000855/python2-CHP-11-SECT-4
    )

    Hope that helps.

    Mike

    , Apr 18, 2007

  3. On 18 Apr 2007 07:09:29 -0700, wrote:

    >On Apr 18, 8:07 am, Franz Steinhaeusler <>
    >wrote:
    >> Hi, although I have googled, I didn't find a Python
    >> email client program fitting to my needs.
    >>
    >> What I want is a program (it doesn't have to be so sophisticated
    >> as thunderbird) written totally in python and using a gui
    >> toolkit like pyqt, pygtk, wxpyhton or tkinter.
    >>
    >> Who knows such a program? ;)
    >>
    >> best regards,

    >I'm not finding much either. There is this: http://sourceforge.net/projects/usablemail/
    >
    >This also looked promising: http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Email
    >
    >It looks like their might be some kind of tkinter email client in the
    >Programming Python book by Lutz. ( See
    >http://proquest.safaribooksonline.com/0596000855/python2-CHP-11-SECT-4
    >)
    >
    >Hope that helps.
    >
    >Mike

    Thanks, that I also found already.

    I know XPN, which has also some email functionality.

    I only wonder, why there doesn't exist a nice one.

    Oh, I here, why do you not write such a thing yourself?

    It fails on lack of time. ;)

    Franz Steinhaeusler, Apr 18, 2007
  4. On Apr 18, 9:25 am, Franz Steinhaeusler <>
    wrote:

    > >> What I want is a program (it doesn't have to be so sophisticated
    > >> as thunderbird) written totally in python and using a gui
    > >> toolkit like pyqt, pygtk, wxpyhton or tkinter.

    Why reinvent the wheel? Why not use Mutt and then call any Python
    script you want from within Mutt. Or use Python modules written for
    Mutt.

    See, e.g., http://pyropus.ca/software/

    rd

    BartlebyScrivener, Apr 18, 2007
  5. On Wednesday 18 April 2007 05:07, Franz Steinhaeusler wrote:

    > Hi, although I have googled, I didn't find a Python
    > email client program fitting to my needs.
    >
    > What I want is a program (it doesn't have to be so sophisticated
    > as thunderbird) written totally in python and using a gui
    > toolkit like pyqt, pygtk, wxpyhton or tkinter.
    >
    > Who knows such a program? ;)

    Why not give Chandlar a try? It's mostly python, with some parts written in
    C (for speed, I assume).

    http://chandler.osafoundation.org/

    Joshua Kugler
    Lead System Admin -- Senior Programmer
    http://www.eeinternet.com
    PGP Key: http://pgp.mit.edu/  ID 0xDB26D7CE

    Joshua J. Kugler, Apr 18, 2007
  6. Franz Steinhaeusler

    Guest

    Hello, thanks,

    Chandler looks good, maybe I will give it a try.

    Thanks,

    , Apr 19, 2007