Wanted: Email Client with GUI

Franz Steinhaeusler

Hi, although I have googled, I didn't find a Python
email client program fitting to my needs.

What I want is a program (it doesn't have to be so sophisticated
as thunderbird) written totally in python and using a gui
toolkit like pyqt, pygtk, wxpyhton or tkinter.

Who knows such a program? ;)

best regards,

kyosohma

Hi, although I have googled, I didn't find a Python
email client program fitting to my needs.

What I want is a program (it doesn't have to be so sophisticated
as thunderbird) written totally in python and using a gui
toolkit like pyqt, pygtk, wxpyhton or tkinter.

Who knows such a program? ;)

best regards,

I'm not finding much either. There is this: http://sourceforge.net/projects/usablemail/

This also looked promising: http://wiki.laptop.org/go/Email

It looks like their might be some kind of tkinter email client in the
Programming Python book by Lutz. ( See
http://proquest.safaribooksonline.com/0596000855/python2-CHP-11-SECT-4
)

Hope that helps.

Mike

)

Hope that helps.

Mike

Thanks, that I also found already.

I know XPN, which has also some email functionality.

I only wonder, why there doesn't exist a nice one.

Oh, I here, why do you not write such a thing yourself?

It fails on lack of time. ;)

Joshua J. Kugler

Hi, although I have googled, I didn't find a Python
email client program fitting to my needs.

What I want is a program (it doesn't have to be so sophisticated
as thunderbird) written totally in python and using a gui
toolkit like pyqt, pygtk, wxpyhton or tkinter.

Who knows such a program? ;)

Why not give Chandlar a try? It's mostly python, with some parts written in
C (for speed, I assume).

http://chandler.osafoundation.org/

franz.steinhaeusler

Hello, thanks,

Chandler looks good, maybe I will give it a try.

Thanks,