Wanted: Lead RoR Developer, San Francisco, CA

Discussion in 'Ruby' started by Vic, Mar 19, 2008.

  1. Vic

    Vic Guest

    RoR Power (http://www.rorpower.com) is a boutique recruiting firm
    specializing in Ruby on Rails opportunities. We have been retained by
    a well-funded startup in San Francisco to find a top-notch RoR
    superstar.

    The company is looking to bring web 2.0 usability and agility into the
    enterprise domain. It believes that software for the enterprise
    shouldn't be boring. It should be elegant and efficient; it should be
    useful, valuable, and fun, and it should be hosted and delivered as a
    service.

    This is a tremendous opportunity to make your mark. You will have
    artistic and development freedom to create a brand new service
    offering targeted at business users. Did we also mention the founders
    are willing to give significant equity in the company to the right
    candidate?

    Candidates - please email your resume and samples / URLs of past work
    to "jobs (at) rorpower (dot) com". This is NOT a spam folder that no
    one looks at. Resumes submitted to this address are automatically
    loaded into our db, and we actually have an alert associated with this
    address and it goes right to our cell phones...

    Required skills:
    - The "midas touch" with Ruby on Rails, AJAX, CSS, JavaScript, JSON,
    HTML, prototype, and script.aculo.us.
    - Works well with designers and artist types
    - Experience with cross-browser issues with DOM and CSS
    - Be addicted to Agile product delivery and building products people
    use

    Desired skills:

    - Grew up with LAMP and Python prior to RoR
    - Have a poster of David Heinemeier Hansson hanging on your wall
    - Have Cal Henderson's Building Scalable Website on your bedside table
    Vic, Mar 19, 2008