Wanted: .NET counterpart of PermissionChecker component!

Jens Weiermann

Hi guys,

I've spend days with this but couldn't find a solution, maybe you can help
me. In classical ASP, there was the so called "PermissionChecker" COM
component, which would tell you if the current user has (read) access to a
certain file, a lá

if (PermissionChecker.HasAccess("C:\SOMEFILE.TXT"))
Response.Write("You have access to some file...");

I've ported over my web application to ASP.NET and need this access thingie
to work before I can deploy it.

I've already tried the win32Security components available at gotdotnet, but
this didn't help me either.
Maybe someone can tell me how to use that COM object in ASP.NET?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Jens