Wanted: New Python Success Stories

Discussion in 'Python' started by Stephan Deibel, Mar 29, 2005.

  1. Hi,

    O'Reilly Associates is going to be printing volume III of the
    Python Success Stories series in June and I'm looking for
    submissions of new stories.

    The stories have been quite valuable for people introducing
    Python to new users and companies.

    The deadline for me to receive stories for editing is May 1st and
    the deadline for the final edited, approved story going to
    O'Reilly is June 1st.

    The existing stories are online here:

    http://pythonology.org/success

    There's more info about writing one here:

    http://pythonology.org/successguide

    The biggest hurdle is usually getting approval from the company
    to write about Python. It may require some educating about open
    source to get past rules against endorsing commercial products
    (which Python obviously isn't).

    Thanks,

    Stephan Deibel
    Pythonology.com