From: "Yukihiro Matsumoto" <[email protected]>
To: "ruby-talk ML" <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2003 1:38 AM
Subject: wanted: official mirrors for 1.8.0

Hello,

Numerous downloads of recent previews have eaten up my company's
bandwidth some times. When 1.8.0 final is out, I guess the situation
will be far worse.

Since we don't make any money out of Ruby itself, we don't have any
excuse to any network trouble caused by Ruby.

Thus, would anybody offer mirrors for 1.8.0?
They will help us a lot.

I'll host one if you wish.

Hal

Yukihiro Matsumoto

Hello,

In message "Re: wanted: official mirrors for 1.8.0"

|> Thus, would anybody offer mirrors for 1.8.0?
|> They will help us a lot.
|
|I'll host one if you wish.

Thank you. I will talk to you later.

Others?

matz.

Seth Kurtzberg

I can mirror.

--
Seth Kurtzberg
Research, Development, and Network Operations Center

Gavin Sinclair

Hello,
Numerous downloads of recent previews have eaten up my company's
bandwidth some times. When 1.8.0 final is out, I guess the situation
will be far worse.

Since we don't make any money out of Ruby itself, we don't have any
excuse to any network trouble caused by Ruby.

Thus, would anybody offer mirrors for 1.8.0?
They will help us a lot.

matz.

Is the list of mirrors at http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/20020102.html not
enough?

Gavin

Brian Candler

Is the list of mirrors at http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/20020102.html not
enough?

I never got that far down the page - when you stick a great big link at the
top of the page under "How to get Ruby", pointing directly at the home site,
that's what I've used.

Hide the home site links away at the bottom somewhere and I think people are
more likely to use the mirrors.

Cheers,

Brian.

Chad Fowler

Yukihiro said:
Hello,

Numerous downloads of recent previews have eaten up my company's
bandwidth some times. When 1.8.0 final is out, I guess the situation
will be far worse.

Since we don't make any money out of Ruby itself, we don't have any
excuse to any network trouble caused by Ruby.

Thus, would anybody offer mirrors for 1.8.0?
They will help us a lot.

matz.
We can put one on the rubygarden.org/rubycentral.org server. Just let
me know what to do.

Chad

Andy Hauser

Hello,

In message "Re: wanted: official mirrors for 1.8.0"

|> Thus, would anybody offer mirrors for 1.8.0?
|> They will help us a lot.
|
|I'll host one if you wish.

Thank you. I will talk to you later.

Others?

Yes, i would be pleased to.

buggs

jbritt

Yukihiro said:
Hello,

Numerous downloads of recent previews have eaten up my company's
bandwidth some times. When 1.8.0 final is out, I guess the situation
will be far worse.

Since we don't make any money out of Ruby itself, we don't have any
excuse to any network trouble caused by Ruby.

Thus, would anybody offer mirrors for 1.8.0?
They will help us a lot.

I can put it on ruby-doc.org

James Britt

Yukihiro Matsumoto

Hi,

In message "Re: wanted: official mirrors for 1.8.0"

|I have several machines on which I could do it. How much disk space does it
|require?

Not much. Only 1.8M.

matz.

Lothar Scholz

I think the only thing which is necessary is to give the mirrors more
prominence and make ftp.ruby-lang.org less prominent...

I would suggest a simple script that randomize the order of the links,
most people always take the first listed. There are a lot of options
that could be included in such a script, like sorting by availability.
But as i understood matz right, it must be done as soon as possible.

Ollivier Robert

|I have several machines on which I could do it. How much disk space does it
|require?

Not much. Only 1.8M.

Oh, only for the distfile? I can do it of course, on all these
machines. One is on the french research network (RENATER), one is in a
well connected ISP in France and the last one is also well connected.

Please use the address in my From: (it works) for details if you want.