WANTED: SOFTWARE INVENTIONS

Discussion in 'Java' started by Marcello do Guzman, Aug 28, 2004.

  1. I will be making my first of several mid-month visits to several
    investors and venture capital firms beginning September. I am
    interested ONLY in SOFTWARE ventures. Of particular interest are the
    following types of software:

    + Applications software
    + Business process management (BPM) software
    + Telecommunications software
    + Customer relationship management software (CRM)
    + Entertainment software (music, games, and digital)
    + Vertical market software (large vertical markets)
    + Infrastructure software (applications development, application
    integration and middleware, embedded software tools, relational
    database management, network and systems management, business
    intelligence and data warehousing, security software, storage
    management software)
    + Other (special purpose software, scientific analysis, homeland
    security, etc)

    The software should be completed, documented, beta-tested and
    copyrighted.

    Please provide an executive summary of one to three pages describing
    what the software does, value proposition, competition, competitive
    advantages, target market, size of market, revenue potential, number
    of licenses sold and revenues. Provide a demo if you have one or be
    prepared to demonstrate the software.

    We are looking for breakthrough software products or software that
    offers a measureable improvement or quantum leap over competing
    products. The software should be significant enough to build a
    successful business around.

    Your confidentiality and intellectual property rights will be fully
    protected. Will sign NDA.

    Contact me via email providing the executive summary and contact
    information. If the software is of interest to me I will request a
    business plan.

    Marcello do Guzman, Aug 28, 2004

  2. Marcello do Guzman

    Paul Lutus Guest

    Marcello do Guzman wrote:

    > I will be making my first of several mid-month visits to several
    > investors and venture capital firms beginning September. I am
    > interested ONLY in SOFTWARE ventures. Of particular interest are the
    > following types of software:

    Stop trolling for morons here. Not that there aren't any, but your sleazy
    scam is no less despicable on that ground. Only people who haven't the
    slightest clue how software development and marketing proceeds would let
    this shark into their swimming pool.

    --
    Paul Lutus
    http://www.arachnoid.com

    Paul Lutus, Aug 29, 2004

  3. Marcello do Guzman

    ZOCOR Guest

    > Marcello do Guzman wrote:
    >
    > > I will be making my first of several mid-month visits to several
    > > investors and venture capital firms beginning September. I am
    > > interested ONLY in SOFTWARE ventures. Of particular interest are the
    > > following types of software:

    > Stop trolling for morons here. Not that there aren't any, but your sleazy
    > scam is no less despicable on that ground. Only people who haven't the
    > slightest clue how software development and marketing proceeds would let
    > this shark into their swimming pool.

    Unbelievable.

    There should be laws against this sort of behaviour.

    Hopefully this thread will stop here.

    ZOCOR

    ---

    ZOCOR, Aug 29, 2004
  4. This is not a scam. I am looking for talented programmers who have
    developed software products with potential. If you have nothing
    positive to add, let those with talent respond.

    Marcello do Guzman, Aug 29, 2004
  5. Marcello do Guzman

    Paul Lutus Guest

    Marcello do Guzman wrote:

    > This is not a scam. I am looking for talented programmers who have
    > developed software products with potential. If you have nothing
    > positive to add, let those with talent respond.

    If you have nothing to add to the world of computer programming, by all
    means go back to selling used videos online (yes, that is this shark's
    current occupation: http://maxpages.com/myvideos). Also, the fact that you
    don't know who I am speaks volumes about your knowledge of this business.

    People who, like me, have been in the software development business for
    decades, who have become succcessful, are in a position to quickly see
    through people like this fraud.

    Young programmers should be very vigilant in dealing with sharks like this.
    They should expect to get bitten. The first question they should ask
    themselves is why they would want to hire someone to go to venture
    capitalists in their stead. Why not go directly?

    It's easy to see from this shark's prose that he hasn't the slightest idea
    how to go about software marketing. It's all Business 101 boilerplate
    prose.

    Finally, please visit this shark's Web site (http://maxpages.com/myvideos).
    Clearly a prestige address, meant to convey a perception of a solid
    software development business of long standing and reputation, yes? Young
    programmers should be particularly wary of people who can't be bothered to
    invest any of their own resources in a business they expect to represent
    you in.

    Further, he has no posted credentials and offers no claims about past
    successful software projects. This is what an experienced programmer
    notices when reading this sort of shark-bait.

    --
    Paul Lutus
    http://www.arachnoid.com

    Paul Lutus, Aug 29, 2004
  6. PAUL,

    You harbor a lot of anger don't you. You don't know a damn thing about
    me. I saw your website and there is absolutely nothing on your webiste
    of any value to society. First I am not a shark. Anyone who really
    believes they have a software product that would be of interest to
    investors, by all means respond. Disregard Paul's post. He is nothing,
    but a loser, who for whatever eason, has decided to become the chief
    of police for thisw NG. I don;t report to you Paul, so please take
    your shit someplace else. Any bright programmers with real software
    products, in the areas that I mentioned in my post, please contact me.
    If you software fills a need in the market or solves a problem not
    currently addressed, I definitely what to know about.

    Marcello

    Marcello do Guzman, Aug 30, 2004
  7. In article <> (Mon, 30 Aug 2004
    04:47:17 +0000), Marcello do Guzman wrote:

    > You don't know a damn thing about me.

    I think that's the problem. You have not "posted credentials and [offer]
    no claims about past successful software projects". Yet, you ask
    developers to trust you because you're "meeting" with some unnamed
    "venture capitalists" and promise to sign an "NDA".

    I have disagreed with (read: flamed) Mr. Lutus in the past, but he's
    absolutely correct; I'll overstate his position in quoting him "[All]

    Hamilcar Barca, Aug 30, 2004
  8. Marcello do Guzman

    anon Guest

    Marcello do Guzman wrote:
    > PAUL,
    >
    > You harbor a lot of anger don't you. You don't know a damn thing about
    > me. I saw your website and there is absolutely nothing on your webiste
    > of any value to society. First I am not a shark. Anyone who really
    > believes they have a software product that would be of interest to
    > investors, by all means respond. Disregard Paul's post. He is nothing,
    > but a loser, who for whatever eason, has decided to become the chief
    > of police for thisw NG. I don;t report to you Paul, so please take
    > your shit someplace else. Any bright programmers with real software
    > products, in the areas that I mentioned in my post, please contact me.
    > If you software fills a need in the market or solves a problem not
    > currently addressed, I definitely what to know about.

    Oh, oh, me first, me first! It's been my lifelong career ambition to
    turn my personal software over to some stranger I met on Usenet who
    writes about as well as a high-school dropout.

    I thought losers like you went away after the dot-com bubble burst, but
    I guess sooner or later a turd will always float to the surface.

    Marcello, or whatever your real name is, on behalf of all the real,
    hardworking software developers of the world: kiss my ass.

    anon, Aug 30, 2004
  9. Marcello do Guzman

    Paul Lutus Guest

    Marcello do Guzman wrote:

    > PAUL,
    >
    > You harbor a lot of anger don't you.

    No, I just think frauds should be unmasked as soon as possible.

    > You don't know a damn thing about
    > me.

    I know plenty about you, and if you don't want me to post all of it here,
    stop polluting this newsgroup.

    > I saw your website and there is absolutely nothing on your webiste
    > of any value to society.

    I see you can invent new lies to go along with the old ones. Not surprising.
    Here is the truth:

    Sites linked to http://arachnoid.com: 1,080

    Sites linked to http://maxpages.com/myvideos: 0

    Source: Google. Linkage is a metric used by Google and other search engines
    to evaluate the value of a website. It is similar in principle to the
    number of scientific papers that refer to one of your own.

    Therefore, according to Google, there is abosolutely nothing of value to
    anyone on your site.

    > First I am not a shark.

    Yes, you are. You have no qualifications, no idea how you appear to others,
    and no prospects.

    > Anyone who really
    > believes they have a software product that would be of interest to
    > investors, by all means respond.

    Yes, if you don't care about your future.

    > Disregard Paul's post. He is nothing,
    > but a loser,

    Yes. A multimillionaire loser with an international reputation.

    > who for whatever eason, has decided to become the chief
    > of police for thisw NG.

    No police needed, only people whose consciences are intact:

    nothing." -- Edmund Burke.

    > I don;t report to you Paul,

    You don't report to a conscience either.

    > so please take
    > your shit someplace else.

    And this is how you expect to get people to trust you to represent them
    before venture capitalists? You just destroyed what was left of your
    credibility. It was a small step downward.

    > Any bright programmers with real software
    > products, in the areas that I mentioned in my post, please contact me.

    No bright programmers are stupid enough to trust this ex-videotape salesman
    with no experience and no conscience.

    > If you software fills a need in the market or solves a problem not
    > currently addressed, I definitely what to know about.

    I repeat for those who missed it: "I definitely what to know about." To
    represent programmers, you must at least know standard English grammar.
    This is only part of a long list of requirements.

    Finally, anyone who posts advertisements in Usenet newsgroups hasn't a clue.
    It violates the rules and charter of most newsgroups, including this one.
    It abuses the medium, and it alienates the very people on whom you would
    like to depend for your sorry livelihood: programmers.

    You couldn't kidnap a clue at gunpoint.

    --
    Paul Lutus
    http://www.arachnoid.com

    Paul Lutus, Aug 30, 2004
  10. Marcello do Guzman

    Paul Lutus Guest

    Marcello do Guzman wrote:

    > PAUL,

    Yes, Mr. Shark?

    Here's the latest on Guzman. He posted this same advertisement in
    comp.programming yesterday, but the operators promptly deleted it for
    cause.

    But wait! Here is another of Guzman's scams. It seems he is not only about
    to become the next Bill Gates, but the following is also in the works:

    "I will be raising over $100 million to fund an industrial business park in
    Africa." (alt.design.graphics, 7/23/2004).

    Oh, really? It's hard to imagine this international financier carrying out
    all these multimillion dollar projects, while still finding time to sell
    used videos to stay afloat (his only presumably legitimate enterprise), yet
    somehow he can't manage to purchase legitimate advertising.

    How many legitimate businesses, intent on creating a respectable following
    for themselves, dare to steal advertising space from Usenet? How many
    operators of legitimate businesses are willing (or stupid enough) to create
    this bad an impression?

    Guzman, every time you post here (meaning anywhere on Usenet), I will post
    more information about your sleazy scams.

    "I never did give them hell. I just told the truth, and they thought
    it was hell." -- Harry Truman

    --
    Paul Lutus
    http://www.arachnoid.com

    Paul Lutus, Aug 30, 2004
  11. Marcello do Guzman

    IchBin Guest

    Paul Lutus wrote:
    > Marcello do Guzman wrote:
    >

    >>PAUL,
    >>
    >>You harbor a lot of anger don't you.

    > No, I just think frauds should be unmasked as soon as possible.
    >

    >>You don't know a damn thing about
    >>me.

    > I know plenty about you, and if you don't want me to post all of it here,
    > stop polluting this newsgroup.
    >

    >>I saw your website and there is absolutely nothing on your webiste
    >>of any value to society.

    > I see you can invent new lies to go along with the old ones. Not surprising.
    > Here is the truth:
    >
    > Sites linked to http://arachnoid.com: 1,080
    >
    > Sites linked to http://maxpages.com/myvideos: 0
    >
    > Source: Google. Linkage is a metric used by Google and other search engines
    > to evaluate the value of a website. It is similar in principle to the
    > number of scientific papers that refer to one of your own.
    >
    > Therefore, according to Google, there is abosolutely nothing of value to
    > anyone on your site.
    >

    >>First I am not a shark.

    > Yes, you are. You have no qualifications, no idea how you appear to others,
    > and no prospects.
    >

    >>Anyone who really
    >>believes they have a software product that would be of interest to
    >>investors, by all means respond.

    > Yes, if you don't care about your future.
    >

    >>Disregard Paul's post. He is nothing,
    >>but a loser,

    > Yes. A multimillionaire loser with an international reputation.
    >

    >>who for whatever eason, has decided to become the chief
    >>of police for thisw NG.

    > No police needed, only people whose consciences are intact:
    >
    > "The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do
    > nothing." -- Edmund Burke.
    >

    >>I don;t report to you Paul,

    > You don't report to a conscience either.
    >

    >>so please take
    >>your shit someplace else.

    > And this is how you expect to get people to trust you to represent them
    > before venture capitalists? You just destroyed what was left of your
    > credibility. It was a small step downward.
    >

    >>Any bright programmers with real software
    >>products, in the areas that I mentioned in my post, please contact me.

    > No bright programmers are stupid enough to trust this ex-videotape salesman
    > with no experience and no conscience.
    >

    >>If you software fills a need in the market or solves a problem not
    >>currently addressed, I definitely what to know about.

    > I repeat for those who missed it: "I definitely what to know about." To
    > represent programmers, you must at least know standard English grammar.
    > This is only part of a long list of requirements.
    >
    > Finally, anyone who posts advertisements in Usenet newsgroups hasn't a clue.
    > It violates the rules and charter of most newsgroups, including this one.
    > It abuses the medium, and it alienates the very people on whom you would
    > like to depend for your sorry livelihood: programmers.
    >
    > You couldn't kidnap a clue at gunpoint.

    Thank you Paul, for your insight, to put this scum bag in his true place
    in life!

    IchBin, Aug 30, 2004
  12. ZOCOR <> scribbled the following:
    > Paul Lutus wrote:
    >> Marcello do Guzman wrote:
    >> > I will be making my first of several mid-month visits to several
    >> > investors and venture capital firms beginning September. I am
    >> > interested ONLY in SOFTWARE ventures. Of particular interest are the
    >> > following types of software:

    >> Stop trolling for morons here. Not that there aren't any, but your sleazy
    >> scam is no less despicable on that ground. Only people who haven't the
    >> slightest clue how software development and marketing proceeds would let
    >> this shark into their swimming pool.

    > Unbelievable.

    > There should be laws against this sort of behaviour.

    Paul Lutus's or Marcello do Guzman's behaviour?

    "Stronger, no. More seductive, cunning, crunchier the Dark Side is."
    - Mika P. Nieminen

    Joona I Palaste, Aug 30, 2004
  13. Marcello do Guzman

    Paul Lutus Guest

    Joona I Palaste wrote:

    > ZOCOR <> scribbled the following:
    >> Paul Lutus wrote:
    >>>
    >>> Stop trolling for morons here. Not that there aren't any, but your
    >>> sleazy scam is no less despicable on that ground. Only people who
    >>> haven't the slightest clue how software development and marketing
    >>> proceeds would let this shark into their swimming pool.

    >> Unbelievable.

    >> There should be laws against this sort of behaviour.

    > Paul Lutus's or Marcello do Guzman's behaviour?

    Once you've heard the full details of Guzman's story, I think you may know
    which it is. Or, perhaps not. :)

    --
    Paul Lutus
    http://www.arachnoid.com

    Paul Lutus, Aug 30, 2004
  14. Marcello do Guzman

    Brock Heinz Guest

    Paul,

    > Guzman, every time you post here (meaning anywhere on Usenet),
    > I will post more information about your sleazy scams.

    I've seen some pretty good flame wars in my days of surfing the java
    message boards, but this one has been by far and away the most well
    thought out and detailed thumping I have EVER seen. Nice work, Paul!

    Brock

    Brock Heinz, Aug 30, 2004
  15. Marcello do Guzman

    steve Guest

    On Mon, 30 Aug 2004 17:44:47 +0800, Paul Lutus wrote
    (in article <>):

    > Joona I Palaste wrote:
    >
    >> ZOCOR <> scribbled the following:

    >>> Unbelievable.

    >>> There should be laws against this sort of behaviour.

    >> Paul Lutus's or Marcello do Guzman's behaviour?

    > Once you've heard the full details of Guzman's story, I think you may know
    > which it is. Or, perhaps not. :)

    Paul,
    You are the wind beneath my wings, funniest thread I have read in a long
    time.

    However youv'e got to give credit where credit is due.

    he does have a fantastic webshite.

    Steve

    steve, Sep 1, 2004
  16. Marcello do Guzman

    Alex Hunsley Guest

    Marcello do Guzman wrote:
    > PAUL,
    >
    > You harbor a lot of anger don't you. You don't know a damn thing about
    > me. I saw your website and there is absolutely nothing on your webiste
    > of any value to society. First I am not a shark. Anyone who really
    > believes they have a software product that would be of interest to
    > investors, by all means respond. Disregard Paul's post. He is nothing,
    > but a loser, who for whatever eason, has decided to become the chief
    > of police for thisw NG. I don;t report to you Paul, so please take
    > your shit someplace else. Any bright programmers with real software
    > products, in the areas that I mentioned in my post, please contact me.
    > If you software fills a need in the market or solves a problem not
    > currently addressed, I definitely what to know about.
    >
    > Marcello

    Marcello, if I had any doubt about you after that first post, your
    response above settles it: no serious serious businessman or related
    person would be writing a response like yours. Quite besides all the
    other good points Paul made.
    And there is a *lot* of good stuff on Pauls site.

    alex

    Alex Hunsley, Sep 1, 2004
  17. Marcello do Guzman

    Paul Lutus Guest

    Marcello do Guzman wrote:

    > I will be making my first of several mid-month visits to several
    > investors and venture capital firms beginning September.

    Here is the latest stunt this parasite has gotten himself involved in
    (combine the next two lines in your browser's address bar to see the search
    result):

    http://groups.google.com/groups?safe=images&ie=UTF-8
    &as_uauthors=&as_scoring=d&lr=&hl=en

    (click the first link in the resulting list)

    A quote:

    "Customer X buys my application. He installs the application on his
    computer and opens the workbook. This sends an email to me with the
    message. 'User X opened TestMarket.xls'"

    "This is a sneaky way for me to know who is using my application. Is it
    also possible to tell OUTLOOK and/or OUTLOOK EXPRESS not to save a
    copy of the sent email?"

    This is absolutely unbelievable. Apart from being a felony if the purchaser
    is not made aware of the "feature", we can see the regard this fraud has
    for what people naively think of as civil rights.

    It has become clear that this person is simply mental. There's no other word
    for his behavior.

    --
    Paul Lutus
    http://www.arachnoid.com

    Paul Lutus, Sep 2, 2004
  18. Paul Lutus <> scribbled the following:
    > Marcello do Guzman wrote:
    >> I will be making my first of several mid-month visits to several
    >> investors and venture capital firms beginning September.

    > Here is the latest stunt this parasite has gotten himself involved in
    > (combine the next two lines in your browser's address bar to see the search
    > result):

    > http://groups.google.com/groups?safe=images&ie=UTF-8
    > &as_uauthors=&as_scoring=d&lr=&hl=en

    > (click the first link in the resulting list)

    > A quote:

    > "Customer X buys my application. He installs the application on his
    > computer and opens the workbook. This sends an email to me with the
    > message. 'User X opened TestMarket.xls'"

    > "This is a sneaky way for me to know who is using my application. Is it
    > also possible to tell OUTLOOK and/or OUTLOOK EXPRESS not to save a
    > copy of the sent email?"

    > This is absolutely unbelievable. Apart from being a felony if the purchaser
    > is not made aware of the "feature", we can see the regard this fraud has
    > for what people naively think of as civil rights.

    > It has become clear that this person is simply mental. There's no other word
    > for his behavior.

    By "mental", you mean "mentally unstable", "mentally disturbed",
    "insane" or "just plain ga-ga"?
    This use of the word "mental", correctly meaning "pertaining to the
    mind", is annoying me.

    "It's not survival of the fattest, it's survival of the fittest."
    - Ludvig von Drake

    Joona I Palaste, Sep 2, 2004
  19. Marcello do Guzman

    Federico Guest

    Paul Lutus wrote:

    > Marcello do Guzman wrote:
    >

    >>I will be making my first of several mid-month visits to several
    >>investors and venture capital firms beginning September.

    > Here is the latest stunt this parasite has gotten himself involved in
    > (combine the next two lines in your browser's address bar to see the search
    > result):
    >
    > http://groups.google.com/groups?safe=images&ie=UTF-8
    > &as_uauthors=&as_scoring=d&lr=&hl=en
    >
    > (click the first link in the resulting list)
    >
    > A quote:
    >
    > "Customer X buys my application. He installs the application on his
    > computer and opens the workbook. This sends an email to me with the
    > message. 'User X opened TestMarket.xls'"
    >
    > "This is a sneaky way for me to know who is using my application. Is it
    > also possible to tell OUTLOOK and/or OUTLOOK EXPRESS not to save a
    > copy of the sent email?"
    >
    > This is absolutely unbelievable. Apart from being a felony if the purchaser
    > is not made aware of the "feature", we can see the regard this fraud has
    > for what people naively think of as civil rights.

    Moreover, it's an stupid idea. Anyone who has a firewall installed will
    know that the FUCKING program is trying send information through the net.

    Federico

    Federico, Sep 2, 2004
  20. Marcello do Guzman

    Razvan Guest

    Marcello do Guzman <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > This is not a scam. I am looking for talented programmers who have
    > developed software products with potential. If you have nothing
    > positive to add, let those with talent respond.

    Some observations:

    Your site opens 3 popup windows, while at the same time is asking me
    to install GAIN.

    GAIN is spyware. They are taking advantage of the people's lack of IT
    knowledge in order to sell personal information about them. In fact,
    currently, GAIN is regarded as a threat by antivirus products or
    spyware removal tools. Any person/website associating with them are
    compromised.

    You should bear in mind that any person with serious IT experience
    (the one that you are looking for) knows that a site opening 3 popup
    windows screams "low quality, no content" or "porno content".
    Personally I am closing such a site immediately.

    Last thing: one of the popup windows is telling me that I am "over
    the 50.000.000th visitor - contact our prize department immediately".

    Clicking the "about" on your site reveals that I am the visitor
    number 40.349.410. (I hardly believe that, but one thing is sure: you
    still need more than 9 mil people to visit your website before you can
    show popups like the above).

    The above mentionated facts have wiped out the credibility that any
    'John Doe' has.

    For the rest of the group: obviously the intelligent people have got
    the message. Continuing this thread is just lost time. (in fact I am
    already sorry for the 15 minutes I lost writing this reply)

    Razvan

    Razvan, Sep 2, 2004