WANTED: SOFTWARE INVENTIONS

Marcello do Guzman

I will be making my first of several mid-month visits to several
investors and venture capital firms beginning September. I am
interested ONLY in SOFTWARE ventures. Of particular interest are the
following types of software:

+ Applications software
+ Business process management (BPM) software
+ Telecommunications software
+ Customer relationship management software (CRM)
+ Entertainment software (music, games, and digital)
+ Vertical market software (large vertical markets)
+ Infrastructure software (applications development, application
integration and middleware, embedded software tools, relational
database management, network and systems management, business
intelligence and data warehousing, security software, storage
management software)
+ Other (special purpose software, scientific analysis, homeland
security, etc)

The software should be completed, documented, beta-tested and
copyrighted.

Please provide an executive summary of one to three pages describing
what the software does, value proposition, competition, competitive
advantages, target market, size of market, revenue potential, number
of licenses sold and revenues. Provide a demo if you have one or be
prepared to demonstrate the software.

We are looking for breakthrough software products or software that
offers a measureable improvement or quantum leap over competing
products. The software should be significant enough to build a
successful business around.

Your confidentiality and intellectual property rights will be fully
protected. Will sign NDA.

Contact me via email providing the executive summary and contact
information. If the software is of interest to me I will request a
business plan.

Paul Lutus

Marcello said:
I will be making my first of several mid-month visits to several
investors and venture capital firms beginning September. I am
interested ONLY in SOFTWARE ventures. Of particular interest are the
following types of software:

Stop trolling for morons here. Not that there aren't any, but your sleazy
scam is no less despicable on that ground. Only people who haven't the
slightest clue how software development and marketing proceeds would let
this shark into their swimming pool.

ZOCOR

Marcello said:
Stop trolling for morons here. Not that there aren't any, but your sleazy
scam is no less despicable on that ground. Only people who haven't the
slightest clue how software development and marketing proceeds would let
this shark into their swimming pool.

Unbelievable.

There should be laws against this sort of behaviour.

Hopefully this thread will stop here.

ZOCOR

Marcello do Guzman

This is not a scam. I am looking for talented programmers who have
developed software products with potential. If you have nothing
positive to add, let those with talent respond.

Paul Lutus

Marcello said:
This is not a scam. I am looking for talented programmers who have
developed software products with potential. If you have nothing
positive to add, let those with talent respond.

If you have nothing to add to the world of computer programming, by all
means go back to selling used videos online (yes, that is this shark's
current occupation: http://maxpages.com/myvideos). Also, the fact that you
don't know who I am speaks volumes about your knowledge of this business.

People who, like me, have been in the software development business for
decades, who have become succcessful, are in a position to quickly see
through people like this fraud.

Young programmers should be very vigilant in dealing with sharks like this.
They should expect to get bitten. The first question they should ask
themselves is why they would want to hire someone to go to venture
capitalists in their stead. Why not go directly?

It's easy to see from this shark's prose that he hasn't the slightest idea
how to go about software marketing. It's all Business 101 boilerplate
prose.

Finally, please visit this shark's Web site (http://maxpages.com/myvideos).
Clearly a prestige address, meant to convey a perception of a solid
software development business of long standing and reputation, yes? Young
programmers should be particularly wary of people who can't be bothered to
invest any of their own resources in a business they expect to represent
you in.

Further, he has no posted credentials and offers no claims about past
successful software projects. This is what an experienced programmer
notices when reading this sort of shark-bait.

Marcello do Guzman

PAUL,

You harbor a lot of anger don't you. You don't know a damn thing about
me. I saw your website and there is absolutely nothing on your webiste
of any value to society. First I am not a shark. Anyone who really
believes they have a software product that would be of interest to
investors, by all means respond. Disregard Paul's post. He is nothing,
but a loser, who for whatever eason, has decided to become the chief
of police for thisw NG. I don;t report to you Paul, so please take
your shit someplace else. Any bright programmers with real software
products, in the areas that I mentioned in my post, please contact me.
If you software fills a need in the market or solves a problem not
currently addressed, I definitely what to know about.

Marcello

Hamilcar Barca

You don't know a damn thing about me.

I think that's the problem. You have not "posted credentials and [offer]
no claims about past successful software projects". Yet, you ask
developers to trust you because you're "meeting" with some unnamed
"venture capitalists" and promise to sign an "NDA".

I have disagreed with (read: flamed) Mr. Lutus in the past, but he's
absolutely correct; I'll overstate his position in quoting him "[All]
programmers should be particularly wary of people who can't be bothered to
invest any of their own resources in a business they expect to represent
you in."

anon

Marcello said:
PAUL,

You harbor a lot of anger don't you. You don't know a damn thing about
me. I saw your website and there is absolutely nothing on your webiste
of any value to society. First I am not a shark. Anyone who really
believes they have a software product that would be of interest to
investors, by all means respond. Disregard Paul's post. He is nothing,
but a loser, who for whatever eason, has decided to become the chief
of police for thisw NG. I don;t report to you Paul, so please take
your shit someplace else. Any bright programmers with real software
products, in the areas that I mentioned in my post, please contact me.
If you software fills a need in the market or solves a problem not
currently addressed, I definitely what to know about.

Oh, oh, me first, me first! It's been my lifelong career ambition to
turn my personal software over to some stranger I met on Usenet who
writes about as well as a high-school dropout.

I thought losers like you went away after the dot-com bubble burst, but
I guess sooner or later a turd will always float to the surface.

Marcello, or whatever your real name is, on behalf of all the real,
hardworking software developers of the world: kiss my ass.

Paul Lutus

Marcello said:
PAUL,

You harbor a lot of anger don't you.

No, I just think frauds should be unmasked as soon as possible.
You don't know a damn thing about
me.

I know plenty about you, and if you don't want me to post all of it here,
stop polluting this newsgroup.
I saw your website and there is absolutely nothing on your webiste
of any value to society.

I see you can invent new lies to go along with the old ones. Not surprising.
Here is the truth:

Sites linked to http://arachnoid.com: 1,080

Sites linked to http://maxpages.com/myvideos: 0

Source: Google. Linkage is a metric used by Google and other search engines
to evaluate the value of a website. It is similar in principle to the
number of scientific papers that refer to one of your own.

Therefore, according to Google, there is abosolutely nothing of value to
anyone on your site.
First I am not a shark.

Yes, you are. You have no qualifications, no idea how you appear to others,
and no prospects.
Anyone who really
believes they have a software product that would be of interest to
investors, by all means respond.

Yes, if you don't care about your future.
Disregard Paul's post. He is nothing,
but a loser,

Yes. A multimillionaire loser with an international reputation.
who for whatever eason, has decided to become the chief
of police for thisw NG.

No police needed, only people whose consciences are intact:

nothing." -- Edmund Burke.
I don;t report to you Paul,

You don't report to a conscience either.
so please take
your shit someplace else.

And this is how you expect to get people to trust you to represent them
before venture capitalists? You just destroyed what was left of your
credibility. It was a small step downward.
Any bright programmers with real software
products, in the areas that I mentioned in my post, please contact me.

No bright programmers are stupid enough to trust this ex-videotape salesman
with no experience and no conscience.
If you software fills a need in the market or solves a problem not
currently addressed, I definitely what to know about.

I repeat for those who missed it: "I definitely what to know about." To
represent programmers, you must at least know standard English grammar.
This is only part of a long list of requirements.

Finally, anyone who posts advertisements in Usenet newsgroups hasn't a clue.
It violates the rules and charter of most newsgroups, including this one.
It abuses the medium, and it alienates the very people on whom you would
like to depend for your sorry livelihood: programmers.

You couldn't kidnap a clue at gunpoint.

Paul Lutus

Marcello said:

Yes, Mr. Shark?

Here's the latest on Guzman. He posted this same advertisement in
comp.programming yesterday, but the operators promptly deleted it for
cause.

But wait! Here is another of Guzman's scams. It seems he is not only about
to become the next Bill Gates, but the following is also in the works:

"I will be raising over $100 million to fund an industrial business park in
Africa." (alt.design.graphics, 7/23/2004).

Oh, really? It's hard to imagine this international financier carrying out
all these multimillion dollar projects, while still finding time to sell
used videos to stay afloat (his only presumably legitimate enterprise), yet
somehow he can't manage to purchase legitimate advertising.

How many legitimate businesses, intent on creating a respectable following
for themselves, dare to steal advertising space from Usenet? How many
operators of legitimate businesses are willing (or stupid enough) to create
this bad an impression?

Guzman, every time you post here (meaning anywhere on Usenet), I will post
more information about your sleazy scams.

"I never did give them hell. I just told the truth, and they thought
it was hell." -- Harry Truman

IchBin

Paul said:
Marcello do Guzman wrote:

[...]

Thank you Paul, for your insight, to put this scum bag in his true place
in life!

Paul Lutus

Joona said:
Paul Lutus's or Marcello do Guzman's behaviour?

Once you've heard the full details of Guzman's story, I think you may know
which it is. Or, perhaps not. :)

Brock Heinz

Paul,

Guzman, every time you post here (meaning anywhere on Usenet),
I will post more information about your sleazy scams.

I've seen some pretty good flame wars in my days of surfing the java
message boards, but this one has been by far and away the most well
thought out and detailed thumping I have EVER seen. Nice work, Paul!

Brock

steve

Once you've heard the full details of Guzman's story, I think you may know
which it is. Or, perhaps not. :)

Paul,
You are the wind beneath my wings, funniest thread I have read in a long
time.

However youv'e got to give credit where credit is due.

he does have a fantastic webshite.

Steve

Alex Hunsley

Marcello said:
PAUL,

You harbor a lot of anger don't you. You don't know a damn thing about
me. I saw your website and there is absolutely nothing on your webiste
of any value to society. First I am not a shark. Anyone who really
believes they have a software product that would be of interest to
investors, by all means respond. Disregard Paul's post. He is nothing,
but a loser, who for whatever eason, has decided to become the chief
of police for thisw NG. I don;t report to you Paul, so please take
your shit someplace else. Any bright programmers with real software
products, in the areas that I mentioned in my post, please contact me.
If you software fills a need in the market or solves a problem not
currently addressed, I definitely what to know about.

Marcello

Marcello, if I had any doubt about you after that first post, your
response above settles it: no serious serious businessman or related
person would be writing a response like yours. Quite besides all the
other good points Paul made.
And there is a *lot* of good stuff on Pauls site.

alex

Paul Lutus

Marcello said:
I will be making my first of several mid-month visits to several
investors and venture capital firms beginning September.

Here is the latest stunt this parasite has gotten himself involved in
(combine the next two lines in your browser's address bar to see the search
result):

http://groups.google.com/groups?safe=images&ie=UTF-8
&[email protected]&as_scoring=d&lr=&hl=en

(click the first link in the resulting list)

A quote:

"Customer X buys my application. He installs the application on his
computer and opens the workbook. This sends an email to me with the
message. 'User X opened TestMarket.xls'"

"This is a sneaky way for me to know who is using my application. Is it
also possible to tell OUTLOOK and/or OUTLOOK EXPRESS not to save a
copy of the sent email?"

This is absolutely unbelievable. Apart from being a felony if the purchaser
is not made aware of the "feature", we can see the regard this fraud has
for what people naively think of as civil rights.

It has become clear that this person is simply mental. There's no other word
for his behavior.

Joona I Palaste

[...]

By "mental", you mean "mentally unstable", "mentally disturbed",
"insane" or "just plain ga-ga"?
This use of the word "mental", correctly meaning "pertaining to the
mind", is annoying me.

Federico

Paul said:
Marcello do Guzman wrote:

[...]

Moreover, it's an stupid idea. Anyone who has a firewall installed will
know that the FUCKING program is trying send information through the net.

Federico

Razvan

Marcello do Guzman said:
This is not a scam. I am looking for talented programmers who have
developed software products with potential. If you have nothing
positive to add, let those with talent respond.

Some observations:

Your site opens 3 popup windows, while at the same time is asking me
to install GAIN.

GAIN is spyware. They are taking advantage of the people's lack of IT
knowledge in order to sell personal information about them. In fact,
currently, GAIN is regarded as a threat by antivirus products or
spyware removal tools. Any person/website associating with them are
compromised.

You should bear in mind that any person with serious IT experience
(the one that you are looking for) knows that a site opening 3 popup
windows screams "low quality, no content" or "porno content".
Personally I am closing such a site immediately.

Last thing: one of the popup windows is telling me that I am "over
the 50.000.000th visitor - contact our prize department immediately".

Clicking the "about" on your site reveals that I am the visitor
number 40.349.410. (I hardly believe that, but one thing is sure: you
still need more than 9 mil people to visit your website before you can
show popups like the above).

The above mentionated facts have wiped out the credibility that any
'John Doe' has.

For the rest of the group: obviously the intelligent people have got
the message. Continuing this thread is just lost time. (in fact I am
already sorry for the 15 minutes I lost writing this reply)

Razvan