Wanted to achieve F11 browser feature in ASP.NET Application

imghani

Hi all,
I have developed an application in ASP.NET. I wanted that whenever a
user comes to my website, it opens browser in F11 mode.
I find the code to open browser in F11 mode (its javascript) but this
can be done in window.open method of javascript, but i don't want to
open a new window instead wanted that existing window opens as full
screen (as through F11).

Did some R & D but get no such solution, so what trick i decided to do
is:
As some user access the website, open website homepage in new window
using window.open method and closes the previous one, its ok but before
closing the previous browser window, it prompts a message like that
opener is going to close, Are you sure... with YES and NO buttons. I
need to supress this prompt, Is there anyway to supress this.
Is there some way i pass some parameter for YES and user don't need to
press it

Waiting for a favourable response.

Regards,
Imran Ghani.

Laurent Bugnion

Hi,
[...]

As usual when it comes to security, you need to stop for a while and
think, from a user perspective, if what you try to achieve is good. The
obvious answer is no, because by closing the original window, you

- lose everything the user did until now (history, back and forward buttons)
- allow malicious scripters to exit the browser (not just close the
window, but really end the process)

There is no workaround to asking the user if he wants you to change his
browser's appearance, which is good. You might find web pages saying
that it is possible anyway, but they all rely on security holes which
will be closed one day or the other, if they're not already.

HTH,
Laurent