Wanted to know how to start for a very small account package

Discussion in 'ASP General' started by techy techno, Jan 26, 2004.

  1. techy techno

    techy techno Guest

    hii

    I just wanted to know if any of the GURUS can help me

    I want to give my accountant the capability to create any numbe of
    accounts.

    How do I start ? does any one knows any resource or tutorials on this
    subject of creating accounts in asp

    the user should be able to open an account with debit or credit balance
    and accordingly add or deduct from the balance based on the Accountancy
    Rule.

    the thing is that I started with inserting account details with this
    code :

    <head>
    <title>ACCOUNT EXAMPLE</title>
    </head>

    <form name="form1" method="post" action="">
    <input type="text" name="txtDate">
    <textarea name="txtDetails" rows="2" cols="30">SALARY PAID
    </textarea>
    <select name="select">
    <option>DEBIT</option>
    <option>CREDIT</option>
    </select>
    <input type="text" name="txtAmount" value="RS 5000">
    <input type="submit" name="Submit" value="INSERT">
    </form>

    now how can I make sure that when the user selects debit from thelist
    menu the amount goes to the debit colum in ms access db and when
    selected credit it the entered amount should go to the credit colum in
    the db.

    and then accordingly with the rule add and deduct the entered amount
    from the balance with the rules in mind

    thanks
    how can I start that

    techy techno, Jan 26, 2004