Wanted: User Agent\Post Platform registry file showing the .Net extensions

Discussion in 'ASP .Net' started by \Rob\, Jun 29, 2004.

  1. \Rob\

    \Rob\ Guest

    I need:

    "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
    Settings\User Agent\Post Platform"

    registry entries for a .Net V.1.0 and .Net V.1.1 enabled browser.

    Mine got erased and is now affecting Visual Studio .Net 7 & 7.1

    My IIS web log reports the following:

    "Mozilla/4.0+(compatible;+MSIE+6.0;+Windows+NT+5.0)"

    ......but it's missing the .Net extensions

    Also, I'm not sure if the value:

    [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
    Settings]
    "User Agent"="Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Win32)"

    ........is ever actually read or used.

    Thnaks thats tahnks thats thanks (-:

    Please email with a sample *.reg file (if you have
    one)
    \Rob\, Jun 29, 2004

  2. ""Rob"" <@> wrote in message news:%...
    > I need:
    >
    > "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
    > Settings\User Agent\Post Platform"
    >
    > registry entries for a .Net V.1.0 and .Net V.1.1 enabled browser.
    >
    > Mine got erased and is now affecting Visual Studio .Net 7 & 7.1
    >
    > My IIS web log reports the following:
    >
    > "Mozilla/4.0+(compatible;+MSIE+6.0;+Windows+NT+5.0)"
    >
    > .....but it's missing the .Net extensions
    >
    > Also, I'm not sure if the value:
    >
    > [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet
    > Settings]
    > "User Agent"="Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Win32)"
    >
    > .......is ever actually read or used.
    >
    > Thnaks thats tahnks thats thanks (-:
    >
    > Please email with a sample *.reg file (if you have
    > one)

    I just checked my User Agent setting and found "value not set".
    That's with MSIE 6.0 running on a PC with Visual Studio .NET and IIS, all
    fully functional.
    We need (I'd guess) to find somebody else who uses Mozilla to provide a key
    setting.

    On the off chance that what is troubling you is not the result of the User
    Agent setting, can you describe the problem(s) you are experiencing and the
    symptoms?

    --
    Peter [MVP Visual Developer]
    Jack of all trades, master of none.