Wanted: young AJAX programmer in London

nachbar.unimatch

Are you a young programmer with some experience in javascript, XML,
HTML living in London? Are you interested in a idea for an internet
start-up? Then respond to the email adress above. No spam.

Dirk

nachbar dot unimatch at gmail dot com

Peter Michaux

Are you a young programmer with some experience in javascript, XML,
HTML living in London? Are you interested in a idea for an internet
start-up? Then respond to the email adress above. No spam.

Older and well experienced is not an option? Is it even legal to ask
for young applicants?

Peter

Ivan Marsh

No, young = willing to do something new and take some risks.

Not knowing what you're doing is not the same as taking risks.

For instance we have a great new young programmer here who's written a
great new app to synchronize data across systems... I suggested to
everyone's dismay, after he'd spent three months on it, why don't you just
use rsync.

There is no substitute for experience.

Evertjan.

Duncan Booth wrote on 30 mei 2007 in comp.lang.javascript:
No, it is almost certainly not legal any more. If challenged they
would have to be able to provide 'objective justification' for the
discrimination. See http://www.dti.gov.uk/files/file29240.pdf

Whoever they are, I think they are leaving themselves open for
prosecution not just for this vacancy but for any future ones where
this could be used as supporting evidence of a discriminatory policy.
IANAL.

Asking for people who "want something new and are willing to take
risks" is alright, assuming that means it only applies to young people
is not.

Wanted: programmer,
m/f any legally required age,
living in London,
must look like young AJAX in the movie Troy,
and must have experience and take risks
in upcoming server/client situations.

This OK?

Darko

Duncan Booth wrote on 30 mei 2007 in comp.lang.javascript:

Wanted: programmer,
m/f any legally required age,
living in London,
must look like young AJAX in the movie Troy,
and must have experience and take risks
in upcoming server/client situations.

This OK?

No it's not, you're making AJAX in the movie better than original
AJAX, what kind of crap is that? ;-)

rf

Evertjan. said:
Duncan Booth wrote on 30 mei 2007 in comp.lang.javascript:

Wanted: programmer,
m/f any legally required age,
living in London,
must look like young AJAX in the movie Troy,

Visual discrimination.