WAP page, Python and creating a file on file system - Newbie

Discussion in 'Python' started by Digital, Apr 30, 2006.

  1. Digital

    Digital Guest

    HELP!!

    All I need to do is to create a file in a folder. I am running Abyss WEB
    server and Python. and googling many sites has taught me how to create a
    file in a folder. BUT. I need to do this from a WML file - This is proving
    difficult...

    I can setup an index.wml and a deck of cards. Each card points to a
    <something>.py file. This file creates a file in the folder of my choice but
    always returns an error to the WAP browser.

    I have tried PRINTing WML content within the Python code and thought I had
    formed a WML output but still the WAP browser returns an error.

    It seems an awful lot of trouble to go to, load Python to create a file in a
    folder. Is there any way I can easily do this?

    Before people reply with how to do stuff in OOP. I have no knowledge of OOP
    and class instantiation etc etc. I really do need a noddy guide in what I am
    doing.

    Regards
    Dave

    Digital, Apr 30, 2006