    actually revealing the phone-number but still enable the call?

    Thanks,
    Kaniga.

    kaniga, Mar 3, 2007

  2. kaniga

    Dan Guest

    On Mar 3, 2:38 pm, "kaniga" <> wrote:
    > Is it possible to send an sms to one's mobile phone with a wap link
    > which would dynamically load the recepient's phone number without
    > actually revealing the phone-number but still enable the call?

    I'm not really familiar with mobile-phone protocols, which are likely
    more "closed" than Web / Internet protocols in terms of ability for
    user-agents to do things with the sent data different from what the
    sender intended, but I kind of doubt it anyway; if it's sending the
    phone number to the user's phone in order to cause it to make a phone
    call, I doubt there's any way to hide what the number actually is; it
    would likely show up in "recently placed calls" lists on the phone,
    and most likely the user would be shown the number and required to
    confirm it when placing the call in the first place (otherwise, you
    could have nasty scams where a script / website would cause a call to
    be silently initiated to a pay-per-call number or an overseas location
    that would cost the user a lot of money).

    I think the only way to hide the number would be to place the call
    remotely at the server end, so that the end user only connects to your
    number, which in turn relays it to the real number.

    --
    Dan

    Dan, Mar 3, 2007