WAR file does deploy but is not accessible

StephaneLeFou

Hi,

I just created a very small, basic app using Netbeans 6.1 on a Wintel
box. I now want to run the app from a FreeBSD box. On the FreeBSD
box, I have some other web applications that runs. So I took my WAR
file (generated by NetBeans) and I placed it onto the /webapps folder
on the FreeBSD box. It deployed automatically but from the Wintel box
browser now, it displays the following:

type Status report
message /aNewWebApp/
description The requested resource (/aNewWebApp/) is not available.
Apache Tomcat/6.0.14

Any Idea?
Thanks.

timjowers

Hi,

I just created a very small, basic app using Netbeans 6.1 on a Wintel
box. I now want to run the app from a FreeBSD box. On the FreeBSD
box, I have some other web applications that runs. So I took my WAR
file (generated by NetBeans) and I placed it onto the /webapps folder
on the FreeBSD box. It deployed automatically but from the Wintel box
browser now, it displays the following:

type Status report
message /aNewWebApp/
description The requested resource (/aNewWebApp/) is not available.
Apache Tomcat/6.0.14

Any Idea?
Thanks.

maybe if you're using tomcat you can tail -200 /var/logs/tomcat5/
catalina.out and find some error info...