    * The .war DOES NOT deploy if the web app already exists (the file
    dates all show the old version's file dates)

    Thanks in advance

    Todd Prickett, Mar 4, 2004

  2. Todd Prickett

    Wendy S Guest

    "Todd Prickett" <> wrote:
    > Can anyone offer some areas to investigate as to why my .war file does
    > not deploy when starting up Tomcat? Some relevant info:
    > * I'm using Lomboz plugin to Eclipse to deploy (create and place) the
    > .war file in the webapps directory.

    If that's all it does, that will not cause Tomcat to reload the context.

    > * The .war DOES deploy correctly if I've deleted the old version web
    > app from the webapps directory ahead of time.
    > * The .war DOES NOT deploy if the web app already exists (the file
    > dates all show the old version's file dates)

    That's normal behavior for Tomcat. Is your plugin supposed to do something
    in addition to placing a .war file in 'webapps'? Perhaps you need to
    configure a userid/password for the manager app, so that your plugin can use
    it to tell Tomcat to reload the context?

    -Wendy S

    Wendy S, Mar 4, 2004

  3. > > Can anyone offer some areas to investigate as to why my .war file does
    > > not deploy when starting up Tomcat? Some relevant info:
    > > * I'm using Lomboz plugin to Eclipse to deploy (create and place) the
    > > .war file in the webapps directory.

    > If that's all it does, that will not cause Tomcat to reload the context.

    Thanks for the reply Wendy.

    I guess I neglected an important piece of info. When this happens,
    the server is stopped. Starting the server back up should load the
    ..war, correct? If so, that is the problem I'm trying to solve.

    > > * The .war DOES deploy correctly if I've deleted the old version web
    > > app from the webapps directory ahead of time.
    > > * The .war DOES NOT deploy if the web app already exists (the file
    > > dates all show the old version's file dates)

    > That's normal behavior for Tomcat. Is your plugin supposed to do something
    > in addition to placing a .war file in 'webapps'? Perhaps you need to
    > configure a userid/password for the manager app, so that your plugin can use
    > it to tell Tomcat to reload the context?

    The odd thing is that the same config on my old machine works exactly
    how I think it should. You stop the server, deploy the .war, start
    the server, and the current (i.e. correct) pages/servlets are used.

    Todd Prickett, Mar 5, 2004